Going into Studio this week *Using 5150 + Mesa Roadking* Tips?

dandan

Dec 29, 2005
If anyone has any tips I would appreciate any and all : ) I'm going to be doing quad tracking.

Two with the 5150 and two with the Roadking for rhythm. I also have a TS-9 that is available for me to use to boost these amps or maybe not since i heard its not a good idea when double mic'ing?

I want the engineer to use that double mic technique that was shown in "That Clayman Sound" thread that was made. There was some killer tracking done in that thread by OzNimbus and Disconnekt

I'm going to be using a Gibson Les Paul with a Seymour Duncan PA-TB1 pickup Alnico V - 15.7k

And my favorite speaker cabinet which is a Marshall loaded with greenbacks speakers.

Would love to hear any tips! I'm shooting to get a really articulate hard rock / metal tone, so I probably won't be using an extreme amount of gain on either amp. :) :cry:

I think you should use the TS-9 on both amps espeically the Boogie and use the Green channel on the 5150. Also A-B the V Vs. single mic setup, to make to sure you aren't overcomplicated things unneccaserily.

Obviously, this is what I would do, but I'm sure you can get great with whatever you choose to do.

Kick some ass and post clips and tell us what you did. :)

cool will do about a/b'ing the mic techniques for sure!

I'll post clips just as soon as its done. The music isn't nearly as heavy as what most you guys play, but you might enjoy it!

But regardless of the music I come on here cause most of you guys know a thing or two (and of course Andy Sneap) about getting some thick punchy tone.