Going to Dubai

biggsy

New Metal Member
Sep 18, 2005
Bendigo, Australia
www.myspace.com
OK so a couple of weeks back I started talking to this woman in Dubai about getting a job as a camps co-ordinator (like a summer camp leader) for next year after I finish school. I got an email today and it's all worked out. So what I want to know from anybody who has a bit of knowledge is what are my musical options from January to April of next year around the UAE? Any good festivals or bands around at that time of the year? Thanks for your help in advance.

The Desert Rock Festival is usually some time in March in Dubai. I'm not sure what the lineup for 2008 is gonna be but last year they had In Flames, Children of Bodom, Iron Maiden and some other bands(a few local I think). Keep in mind it's not really meant to be a metal festival so there could be some pretty crappy bands playing, but they usually have a few good ones.

lol this arabs guys dont know what to do with all that oil money...

Yeah it owns, make sure you take lots and lots and lots of money. Take lots of money, trust me. It's an awesome place, i wouldn't mind going back there. Don't forget to take loads of money lol like get a loan sorta thing.

haha well lots of money wont really be possible. but its ok the place im working is actually an hour and a half east of dubai on the coast. i get free accommodation etc. and every 20 days i get 10 days off which sounds good. i have a friend who lives in the city who's said i can live with him when im there so basically no accom fees to pay. im THAT excited!