Opeth in Dubai

Peterk

Trendcrusher
Feb 8, 2006
Abu Dhabi,U.A.E.
www.myspace.com
Summer was slow - but that didnt stop us from hammering away to find out who in the world will be gracing our annual festival next year! After speaking to our good friends in CSM, they have given us one of the bands performing on the METAL day at next years Dubai Desert Rock.

Metal fans from across the Middle East demand to see this mamoth band live - it was worked on a few times before from a handful of different promoters - it never was confirmed until today,

Ladies and Gents, Phride.com officially confirms the first of the bach - the legendary swedish progressive death titans ......

OPETH

will be heading down to Dubai for thier first Middle Eastern performance @ The Dubai Desert Rock Festival 2009 on March 6th 2009. Opeth will come in support of thier brand new album, 'WaterShed', while promising to shell out some of thier classics.

OPETH are the first of ten bands to be announced for next years festival, including the as-yet unannounced headliners.
http://www.phride.com/index.php?showtopic=17341&hl=

FINALLY :kickass:

Cool, a lot of... Dubains?... have been requesting them. Should be a great show. Not Opeth's first appearance in the middle east, though, not by a longshot.

The greatest band in the world playing in the coolest city in the world.

It would be awesome to be there. Not sure how the band would get treated by the hotel people and such, though. I hear that if you're not super rich in Dubai, all the service people/workers treat you like shit. And I don't think Opeth is super rich.

Cool, a lot of... Dubains?... have been requesting them. Should be a great show. Not Opeth's first appearance in the middle east, though, not by a longshot.
well if you referring to them performing in Turkey a couple months, Turkey is not the middle east..

It would be awesome to be there. Not sure how the band would get treated by the hotel people and such, though. I hear that if you're not super rich in Dubai, all the service people/workers treat you like shit. And I don't think Opeth is super rich.
well thats not true...i'm not super rich and the hotel people treat me fine here...

well if you referring to them performing in Turkey a couple months, Turkey is not the middle east..

well thats not true...i'm not super rich and the hotel people treat me fine here...

they've been to israel though. and i'm sure they will be treated well, so long as someone mentions they are swedish celebrities :loco:

^wrong.

Also, I think they were (or at least, were supposed to be) in either Jordan or Lebanon, I think around the time Lopez was sick.

^wrong.

Also, I think they were (or at least, were supposed to be) in either Jordan or Lebanon, I think around the time Lopez was sick.

Oh, I forgot. Anyway, it would be great to see a band like Opeth in such an environment. I've been thinking of sometimes going to the Middle-East and hearing Opeth there wouldn't do any harm.

If you manage to come before the end of next week, you'll see them, Dark Tranquillity, Messhugah, the Haunted, Nevermore, Satyricon and a handful of Israeli bands (one of them winning a contest at Wacken).

Wow Opeth in Dubai in my birthday !!!!! i wish one of my friends will bid a ticket to that gig as a birthday gift, it would be a great party >.<
But none of em will !!!!
Shit, they have to come to Tunisia too, we have a guitar festival in the same period !!!!!
OMG !! if i attend an opeth gig someday, i'll suicide the following day :D

But pretty rare Godhead. And not everyone can go to Israel to see them. Shame it wasn't in August, I'm in Lebanon around then. I wonder what an Arabian metal crowd are like..?

^From what I've heard, it should be a good crowd. The middle east in general has a somewhat small but very tight metal community.