Will Opeth come to Dubai?

I've been to Dubai. Went there when i was a little younger, stayed there a few months. Awesome place, it was really beautiful.. somewhere you'd want to go on a holiday on... not live. Anyways.. carry on :)

Opeth played in Israel, so why not tour in some of the Arab nations (the UAE being one of the more moderate and financially postured in the Middle East)? If Israeli/Arab fans love Opeth more than they hate each other, that's a big statement on how much Opeth rule.

(BTW, let's send Nasrallah a copy of Ghost Reveries)

Orphaned Land can play support :kickass:

What a great album.

That thing is the Palm Islands. It is a man made island. It is not a Hotel Island, but there is a hotel in the island.

You can own a home in that place. Not to mention, there are making 2 more just like that.

There is also The World

the_world_dubai.jpg

How the hell did they make that? By chopping up an island? Cost to the environment?

The benefit of UAE is that there is no tax. Which is a fantastic BONUS!!!

ditto bahrain (and kuwait too i think)

however the disadvantage is that you get all the asians and multinationals swarming in, which isnt really bad in itself i guess, but it does affect the local economy in time.

anyway hope you do get opeth, and hope WE get opeth, God knows our deathmetal/progressive metal fanbase is just as big as yours

How the hell did they make that? By chopping up an island? Cost to the environment?

These kinds of projects in Dubai have been heavily researched for environmental benefits / minimal negative impacts, right down to their waste systems and construction materials, it's been an important part of their development.

I'd say there are about 50,000 Opeth fans here in India. But then again, I don't think they'd come down here, not for another 4-5 years atleast.:erk:

I'd say there are about 50,000 Opeth fans here in India. But then again, I don't think they'd come down here, not for another 4-5 years atleast.:erk:

I can tell by your title that you know so much about nothing at all.

But yes, Opeth should do a "Countries We've Never Gone To Before" tour.

I can tell by your title that you know so much about nothing at all.

For a country whose music is dominated by shitty commercial Bollywood crap, and you being a metaller is a minority(1billion+ population), I'd say 50,000 is a decent approximation. Oh yeah, people here stereotype all metal and rock music.

The general equation here is:

Rock/Metal fans==long haired, perenially black tee wearing, good for nothing 24/7 doped out kids.

It's not really up to the band though. Someone has to book and pay them enough to cover all the expenses that comes with the touring. That's why they tour in Europe and not in South America...

@threadstarter: Send the organizers a CD and the link to their website. If you want Opeth to play there you'll have to get them to contact the band, not the other way around. I'm pretty darn sure they'd play in Dubai if they were given a proper (read: good) offer.

It's not really up to the band though. Someone has to book and pay them enough to cover all the expenses that comes with the touring. That's why they tour in Europe and not in South America...

@threadstarter: Send the organizers a CD and the link to their website. If you want Opeth to play there you'll have to get them to contact the band, not the other way around. I'm pretty darn sure they'd play in Dubai if they were given a proper (read: good) offer.

I guess it depends on the organizer. I am just waiting for a member of Opeth or the manager to let us know what's up...because in my UAEs forum they are teasing us with the line-up. I can't stand being tense =P...

WE WANT OPETH!!!:headbang:

I guess it depends on the organizer. I am just waiting for a member of Opeth or the manager to let us know what's up...because in my UAEs forum they are teasing us with the line-up. I can't stand being tense =P...

WE WANT OPETH!!!:headbang:

Have you told Opeth that you want them though? I mentioned this thread to Mike two days ago and he didn't seem to know anything about it.

For a country whose music is dominated by shitty commercial Bollywood crap, and you being a metaller is a minority(1billion+ population), I'd say 50,000 is a decent approximation. Oh yeah, people here stereotype all metal and rock music.

The general equation here is:

Rock/Metal fans==long haired, perenially black tee wearing, good for nothing 24/7 doped out kids.

Whatev, I was just making a Death reference.

Now that is the reason why this thread is created =P...

Yeah, that's pretty obvious but you think they'll jump on the phone and contact the organizers? Sorry, doubt it. The best thing you can do is to convince the organizers that they want Opeth, ('cause they do, they probably just haven't realized it yet! :), and have them make the boys an offer they can't refuse.