Going to Germany in January.

pitoga

Nov 30, 2009
Lima - Peru
Greetings
After many years in Peru I'll be heading back to Germany for a few month. I'm curious if there are any interesting audio related events from January to march. Also would be great to get a temporal intern ship ( pizza and coffee boy) In some studio. Any of the German Sneapsters here know some information?

Would be really thankful.

Looking forward in eating some Bratwurst and Spätzle mit Goulash.

I'll be staying in Frankfurt. Any cool recording studios nearby?

I hope for you its Frankfurt/Main, not Frankfurt/Oder :D I'm from Frankfurt/Main myself. There are some Recording Studios but the only one I really know doesn't offer intern ship. There also is the "Kohlekeller", they make great Metal Productions, but they are from Seeheim/Jugenheim, which is about 45 minutes away from Frankfurt. If you got a car, you could ask them. http://www.kohlekeller.de/

Kohlekeller is also a member of the board if I remember right, just checked the climate of Lima in
Wikipedia-get yourself some warm clothes :D

You won't get good Spätzle in Frankfurt...you have to visit my area (Stuttgart-Baden Württemberg)
Sorry, I have no clue about studios that offer internships, especially in Frankfurt, if you want to
travel a bit in Germany, there are some pretty nice places.

Thanks so far, I'll be looking into Kohlekeller for sure, i'm staying in Frankfurt am Mein with my sister who lives there. But i'm going to travel around, with the train i can get almost everywhere. It's been like 12 years since i've leaved Germany. So i have no clue about the night live. Any cool metal bars?

Frankfurt is more well known for their electro/house clubs, but there are a few rock/metal bars as well: final destination, cave, speak easy, mtw (sometimes) and the elfer music club for underground concerts.

Frankfurt is more well known for their sexclubs, but there are a few rock/metal bars as well: final destination, cave, speak easy, mtw (sometimes) and the elfer music club for underground concerts.

Fixed :lol:

By the way if you have the opportunity, go to Köln check the Musikstore, it's amazing !

depends on what you like, for me this is the worst time to visit cologne, like going to munich
during oktoberfest - but I am just a pretty grumpy guy :bah:

haha.. yes, guess you are.. well, if you're single and like pussy, you're gonna have the time of your life (and you won't face that much competition, many gay guys around there :p )

Come to Cologne, there is quite are a few good metal Pubs / Clubs (The Underground, Valhalla / Asgard, The Cave, LMH on Saturday nights). Just don't come here during Carnival unless you want to fight your way through throngs of drunken dickheads blind drunk at 10 AM.

na, all the big festivals are during the summer, it's just way too cold during January and the next 2 following months.
this year we had between -5°C to -18°C in my area, no way to play a show outside (did it once...), but there are
acceptable to cool locations in almost every bigger town.
For example in Stuttgart, there are 5 places where bigger metal bands play at a regular basis and many more for
smaller bands, if you ever visit Stuttgart or places near there, hit me up.