Whats there to do in Hamburg?

heshian46

Sep 1, 2009
Northwest Burbs of Chicago, IL
Hey fellas. I'm going to be in Hamburg Germany (well Schwarzenbek, but close enough) for a few weeks in January for my day job. Im looking for some things to do on the weekends.

Any cool venues to see some decent bands? Sights/touristy type stuff? Studios to tour? Im open for suggestions.

I'll also be spending 4 or 5 days in Paris seeing the sights. This will be my first time out of the country, im pretty excited.

Cheers

Besides hookers and blow you mean?
There are often some cool metal concerts at the markthalle, docks, grosse freiheit, grûnspan etc.
But it really is like any other big city... Lots o people and 99% stink and are stupid

Hey Lasse, isn't the Hamburg Ballroom still there?

For music clubs all I remember is that one and some place called The Logo, think it was near St. George district or something

Other than that ... Lots of clubs and strip joints on and off the Reeperbahn and yes, LOTS of hookers :p

Oh and if the HB is still there, it's right in the fish market area which, funny enough, is about 10 minute walking from Reeperbahn (other fish market)

Stumbling out of HB to walk back to my hotel wasn't always easy with all those hookers pawing at you for several blocks .. Especially since most if them were pretty good looking and still kinda "fresh" looking

Oh and if the HB is still there, it's right in the fish market area which, funny enough, is about 10 minute walking from Reeperbahn (other fish market)

Stumbling out of HB to walk back to my hotel wasn't always easy with all those hookers pawing at you for several blocks .. Especially since most if them were pretty good looking and still kinda "fresh" looking

Yeah man, some of them are RIDICULOUSLY hot, 19-25 years and don't look anything like you'd expect.. More like that one extremely hot and cute girl you'd never dare to talk to in a club.
No BS, some of them are young, cute, fresh and STUNNINGLY hot

I would recommend a walk through the old elbtunnel (Alter Elbtunnel). Then stay left and go to the small "beach" at the yellow tent where they play "The Lion King". Its a nice, chilled place to hang out, have a beer and see the city from an uncommon angle.

Watch from 2:30-3:00

If you like gardens and to talk a walk, visit "Planten un Bloomen" (Plants and Flowers). Or the "Treppenviertel" in Blankenese ( http://www.hamburg.de/sehenswuerdigkeiten/1608614/treppenviertel-stadtplan.html )

Last edited by a moderator:
I would recommend a walk through the old elbtunnel (Alter Elbtunnel). Then stay left and go to the small "beach" at the yellow tent where they play "The Lion King". Its a nice, chilled place to hang out, have a beer and see the city from an uncommon angle.

Watch from 2:30-3:00
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rgut0tKODw4

If you like gardens and to talk a walk, visit "Planten un Bloomen" (Plants and Flowers). Or the "Treppenviertel" in Blankenese ( http://www.hamburg.de/sehenswuerdigkeiten/1608614/treppenviertel-stadtplan.html )

Thank you for the recommendations.

May have to check these places out.