Gojira, Guitar Tone, Overall Mix

Deus.exe

BBQ!!!
Dec 23, 2005
Cologne, Germany
www.myspace.com
Evening Gentlemen
I was just fukking around today playing around with this Guitar Suite (Freeware) and NI's Guitar Rig (obviouls not freeware) to try and find out which sounds better. I decided to play the opening riff from Gojira's "Ocean Planet" (fukking love this band!!!) because it has not only the heavy chugs but also long open chords. I started with just 4 tracks of guitar (Guitar Suite on the Left, NI Guitar rig on the right) but just couldn't stop there so I decided to add Bass and drums. Here is the comparrison.

Original Version
My Version

(Links fixed)

Opinions over which is the better sounding guitar as well as the mix on a whole will be greatly apreciated.

Rock on Dudes :headbang:

P:S: Please forgive my sloppy playing...

Wouldnt worry deus.exe, being a pretentious cretin is in brett's nature. A nice attempt at the original, not quite there with the production though. Needs to be a little brighter.

Familia><Publica said:
Wouldnt worry deus.exe, being a pretentious cretin is in brett's nature. A nice attempt at the original, not quite there with the production though. Needs to be a little brighter.
Hahaha, yeah you know me too well I see :loco:
Anyway I wasn't attempting to be mean Deus.exe, but I just answered the question "which is the better sounding guitar as well as the mix on a whole"...
Cheers :kickass:

Thanks Brett. All critcisim is trully welcome.
I think I didn't express myself clearly enough. I meant how does the guitars sound and how the mix sounds as its own entity. More specifically which side (which program) sounds better.

I'm not sure GR can reproduce that guitar sound but you can try something similar to their setup. Rectifier Head, Standard Marshall cab and LDC microphone.

They used TLM103 on the "Link" album, and when they play live as Brett says, but for the "Sirius" album they used Re20 from E.Voice for the guitars.