Gojira Live in Denver (pics and video)

Nate The Great

What would Nathan do?
May 10, 2002
www.ultimatemetal.com
I've posted a few of the better pictures. I've downsized everything so people with slow connections can take a look. If somebody wants something bigger, let me know.

The videos came out pretty bad (soundwise), because I was so close to the subs. My little, old digital camera was overpowered by all the bass.

I'll be doing a show review, so I'll save all the comments and so on for that.

Amon Amarth pics will be in a different thread, when I have time. The Amon Amarth pics came out better than Gojira.

Gojira_46_web.JPG

Gojira_web.JPG

Gojira_45_web.JPG

Gojira_41_web.JPG

Gojira_38_web.JPG

Gojira_34_web.JPG

Gojira_32_web.JPG

Gojira_21_web.JPG

Gojira_15_web.JPG

Gojira_11_web.JPG

VIDEO:

Reactions: dill_the_devil
The vocalist is really, really handsome, isn't he? :oops:

haha, yeah, I'd say he's a pretty good lookin' duder.:loco:

Gojira pretty much rocked the fucking house. I really like the tech-groove thing they've got going and I'll be picking up each of their albums as I find them. I liked how they carried themselves too. They came right out and tore into a song instead of chit chatting and the vocalist occasionally threw out the odd humorous comment between songs. Everything they played sounded damn good to me and they were pulling off some wicked stuff. 5 stars.

They played 2nd by the way. I guess they decided to switch up the opener halfway through the tour so that Gojira could get more exposure, or perhaps because they own the fuck out of Sanctity.

Cause they're an overrated bland pseudo technical/death metal band with no replay value? . I loathe every band that tries to resemble them. All that French wave : Pskyup, Manimal, Hypno5e etc.. so worthless and lame. Cut and Paste metal. Sometimes I wish Meshuggah never exsited. More seriously I don't understand why they're so 'original'. But that's cool to have such a successful French band.. at last.

PS : sup' mate. How did you find RC?

Reactions: swizzlenuts
Cause they're an overrated bland pseudo technical/death metal band with no replay value? . I loathe every band that tries to resemble them. All that French wave : Pskyup, Manimal, Hypno5e etc.. so worthless and lame. Cut and Paste metal. Sometimes I wish Meshuggah never exsited. More seriously I don't understand why they're so 'original'. But that's cool to have such a successful French band.. at last.

PS : sup' mate. How did you find RC?

Bon, j'vais répondre en français car je ne suis pas sûr d'y arriver en anglais. C'est surtout à propos du soit dianst copié / collé de Meshuggah. Ca ne me parrait pas spécialement évident. D'abors, d'un point de vue totalement subjectif, j'adore gojira (découvert avec "The Link") alors que je ne supporte pas Meshuggah (j'ai eu Nothing, et, à l'instar de St Anger, je n'ai jamais pu l'écouter en entier). Je pense que ca peut s'explique par le fait que Meshuggah dévellopent des abiances violents, froides et cliniques, alors que je trouve Gojira vraiment reposant. Je passerais outre l'aspect thématique que j'apprécie mais qui n'a pas sa place dans un tel débat, pour approcher l'angle technique. Franchement, Meshuggah, c'est une tuerie technique (je leur reconnais au moins ca). Gojira beaucoup moins (beaucoup de mesure en 4/4, des riffs peu destructurés...etc), mais l'ambiance ezt vraiment spéciale. En fait, ca doit être ca. Comme beuacoup de groupe d'electro, il faut une musique plus corporelle qu'intellectuelle ^^.
Enfin bon, c'était juste une réponse concernant la comparaison à meshuggah, parcequ'aprés, tout le monde à le droit de ne pas aimer les groupes qu'il veut :Smokin: .

Je ne fais pas de comparaison directe avec Meshuggah, c'est juste qu'ils leur emboitent le pas dans le sillage metal technique avedc rythmiques syncopés comme des centaines d'autres groupes, très differents.. c'est sûr ils ont sûrement écouté Morbid Angel plus que Meshug' hehe; c'est le coté un peu stérile ou 'sans âme' qui me rebute en général dans le metal (après dans des genres technos pourquoi pas). Bon Meshuggah ils ont eu le mérite d'apporter quelque chose même si maintenant ça tourne à l'autoparodie (avis de certains amateurs, perso je ne porte pas de jugement; j'aime même bien Chaosphere :saint:) . De toute façon un groupe qui explose en France c'est touours bon a prendre, alors si c'est Gojira je vais pas m'en plaindre, quand bien même je reste indifférent à ce qu'ils font. Aucun souci ;)

Sinon comment es-tu tombé là ? Jusqu'à peu c'était une caverne bien gardée ici :)