Golden Resurrection - Top quality Jesus Metal

Fire breath

Feb 20, 2002
London
piris-metalopolis.blogspot.com
The Metal Madman will big it up I believe. This band has me with an inch of taking Holy Communion! Note there are no ladies in these vid and it's very cheaply made. Don't christians like ladies then? :) Obviously Jesus Metal doesn't make you rich but it sure puts a shit eating grin on your face like this band does to me! God above all can that Tommy dude from ReinXeed play fast melodic shred!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rjmv5oAwBpA&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
It's like Malmsteen went to Church.

Ha ha ha, you beat me to it. I would guess that means Yngwie is polytheist, as he obviously thinks of himself as a God.

Anyway.... I suppose anyone who really digs the Yngwie writing style would dig this band, and particularly the first song. They are tight and professional.

Bryant

The lineup of Golden Resurrection does have Christian Liljegren formerly of Narnia and Diviefire on vocals.

*Christian Liljegren (DIVINEFIRE, AUDIOVISION, ex-NARNIA) - Vocals
* Tommy Johansson (REINXEED) - Guitar, Keyboards, Backing Vocals
* Stefan Käck - Bass
* Rickard Gustafsson (PANTOKRATOR) - Drums
* Olov Andersson (AUDIOVISION) - Keyboards, Backing vocals

That was Angel that was from Heaven.
band1.jpg

Just a little too preachy....I like the music though, and the singer, I never had a problem with his vocals when he was in Narnia.

Its a fine line with me. I enjoy Holy Solider ( with Steven Patrick ) but again, the songs that are not just in your face "GOD, Our Savior and Our King", type stuff.....

What I enjoy about HS music is that the lyrics to some of their songs, although are all about God, do not have to come right out and say it.

I can take it in doses, but if these guys every song have to have it right up in my face, then best of luck to them, but I can listen elsewhere.

That pretty well sums up my attitude towards Christian metal in general. As long as it's not over the top preaching, I can handle it. As much as I love most Rob Rock projects, I had a major negative raection to the tone of his Fires of Babylon release. It went straight into "you're going to burn in Hell" mode, and not in the cool Twisted Sister kind of way.

What I enjoy about HS music is that the lyrics to some of their songs, although are all about God, do not have to come right out and say it.

Long time ago gave a tape to a Christian dude that never heard of Christian Metal. Band on the tape was Stryper and he loved it. Later gave him another tape of another band. He did not like the second band because the lyrics never mentioned God or Christ. I walked away laughing.

The second band was Trouble.

Just a little too preachy....I like the music though, and the singer, I never had a problem with his vocals when he was in Narnia.

Its a fine line with me. I enjoy Holy Solider ( with Steven Patrick ) but again, the songs that are not just in your face "GOD, Our Savior and Our King", type stuff.....

I can take it in doses, but if these guys every song have to have it right up in my face, then best of luck to them, but I can listen elsewhere.

One of my biggest dislikes with Christian music is most of it is very evangelical, of course it makes sense for them but not my thing. On the other hand those bands that have that "Christian" undertone or spiritual, positive or whatever they want to call it get pretty old quickly as well. Actually those bands often seem to be creeper than the evangelical ones because the dishonesty of their motives.

That pretty well sums up my attitude towards Christian metal in general. As long as it's not over the top preaching, I can handle it. As much as I love most Rob Rock projects, I had a major negative raection to the tone of his Fires of Babylon release. It went straight into "you're going to burn in Hell" mode, and not in the cool Twisted Sister kind of way.

So did Twisted Sister.