Goldsmith or Golds***

Probably best to wait and see this documentary thing before I comment but I stumbled across Harvey Goldsmith's blog thingy last night and I didn't really like this what he said:-

"With my help, Saxon have reinvented themselves"

Eh?????? I thought Saxon were doing pretty alright without his help. In what way have Saxon been reinvented??? - yeah they are getting more publicity thats true, but they still have the same image and the new single does sound a bit more modern I suppose., but thats not necessarily a good thing COS I STILL PREFER OLD SCHOOL SAXON!!!!!!!

:lol:

I too am gonna go with the wait and see route.........for now ;)

Bless Princess you could have saved yourself an awful lot of time his blog was posted on here weeks ago :Smug:

LOL - I was googling something last night and something came up about Harvey Goldsmith - I didn't waste much time though fingers, I just read the first couple of sentences and once it said he'd reinvented Saxon, I didn't read anymore of the blog., so probably wasted about 5 seconds of my life reading that lol!!!!

And I managed to hear the whole of Biff's interview on Planetrock as well - I'm way behind with the times - only caught the tailend of it last week but listened to the whole lot repeated last night - it was great. Wasnt too impressed with Biff's chooices of MCR and Nightwish - and what was that he said about Girlschool:mad:

lets have a look at the goldsmith period

Bad things as a result:
.horrifying world record attempt
.postponement of the uk tour (so it can be after the documentary) (?)
.possibly the reason why the South America tour was cancelled (so they could film this and still have time to record the album)

Good things:
.Some radio coverage, increased press interest in saxon
.a fairly good single
.A nice gig at Sheffield
.Saxon on tv soon!!!

Bad things as a result:
.possibly the reason why the South America tour was cancelled (so they could film this and still have time to record the album)

Good things:
.a fairly good single
.A nice gig at Sheffield
.Saxon on tv soon!!![/quot

Agree with the first 3 points.

Good things:
Some radio coverage,but mainly on rock radio and listened to by rock fans.
Fairly good single,if you like Bon Jovi
A nice gig at Sheffield.Saxon always do great gigs and upstaits was mostly half empty.

Saxon on TV soon.Lets wait and see on that one.

Come on you lot be honest so far so (gold)shit.

Thank god the album sound great:lol:

I think at the end of the day, all this will not make the slightest bit of difference for Saxon. Yeah, Saxon have been in the spotlight a bit over the past couple of months, but once the tour finishes, that's it. And it will be the same old faces popping up for the next tour. That'll be the same people that lost loads of money on this UK tour being postponed.

Bad things as a result:

Good things:
.a fairly good single
.A nice gig at Sheffield
.Saxon on tv soon!!!

i forgot to add the postponement of the hell and back dvd