Gonna play our first fly gig

Severu

No SSL for you!
Jun 15, 2007
Bucharest
We'll be flying in for a show at a festival this week. Of course we can't bring any of our amps with us. I just received the backline rider they have available and it's not even funny.
They have a Marshall AVT 150 and a Fender FM100 head for guitars.
Bass is shit too but at least I can bypass everything with an MXR.

What solutions do you recommend for playing these kinds of gigs?

I use a pedalboard for fly-ins, started with a pod xt live, went via a boss gt8 into the powersection of whatever amp's on the venue and now im just using a couple of choice pedals into the venues backline (right now tuner, mxr double drive and a tc flashback).

POD, Axe-FX, Kemper or a good pedal like the AMT ones, use the amps just as poweramps.
Not the best thing, but even a cheap AMT pedal into the Fender will sound better in a metal
context than the fender alone...

If you're on the nerdy side, you could even use an iPhone or iPad with a decent app.

Wow, a lot of cool ideas - thanks a lot for your help, guys! I have a friend who has a couple of AMT pedals, I'll give them a shot.

I'd get a Zoom multi-fx and a DI. They sound OK for playing live and you can take them everywhere with you. They fit in guitar cases. It's a good investment if you're playing a lot of gigs.