Playing gigs...

with the cover band, making live music for rockpubs or something?

edit: and how often per month? sounds really exhausting^^

yeah with the cover band ... we get paid really well but we have to work our asses off for it ;) On average we do about 1 - 2 gigs a month but then we also have a 3 hour rehearsal every week .. or at least, we try to :p

It CAN be exhausting but we have such a killer fan base that it really does make a huge difference. Especially at the one place we play, the crowd goes nuts for us there so we don't mind doing 3 sets

Marco, it looks like you´ve had a lot of fun!! Glad for ya :kickass: I live in the south, maybe I can visit one of your band´s gig at some time. Would be killer for sure! :)

That would be awesome Felix =)
You can be sure that all your drinks would be on me in that case ;)
As it seems we're having the CD release party at about somewhen january, som maybe you want to think about it haha
Also you could jump on stage and own my guitarplaying :lol:

yeah with the cover band ... we get paid really well but we have to work our asses off for it ;) On average we do about 1 - 2 gigs a month but then we also have a 3 hour rehearsal every week .. or at least, we try to :p

It CAN be exhausting but we have such a killer fan base that it really does make a huge difference. Especially at the one place we play, the crowd goes nuts for us there so we don't mind doing 3 sets

But it sounds worth it man :)
Even more considering you get paid good for doing it :hotjump:

The thing I hate more about pre-show than fart assing around with gear at load in is waiting around for ages with those pre-show jitters.

We have the headline spot for our next gig. Load in is at 7 and our set starts at 12, I'm going to be hating life because I don't drink before a set. :lol:

The thing I hate more about pre-show than fart assing around with gear at load in is waiting around for ages with those pre-show jitters.

We have the headline spot for our next gig. Load in is at 7 and our set starts at 12, I'm going to be hating life because I don't drink before a set. :lol:

I always thought it was useless to have to get in at like 4pm if your stagetime is later than 10pm. I also do not drink before gigs, but usually I also don't eat, so these hours usually are quite boring, if you're not interested in the other bands playing.

I always thought it was useless to have to get in at like 4pm if your stagetime is later than 10pm. I also do not drink before gigs, but usually I also don't eat, so these hours usually are quite boring, if you're not interested in the other bands playing.

There are some cool bands playing before us so it shouldn't be too bad. I made the mistake of eating McDonalds before our last set. Unpleasant to say the least. :(

I always eat a good sized piece of bread and an apple before a gig = good clean energy without feeling full at all .... avoid cheese! It rots in your gut

and I always have a beer and a shot before each set ... keeps me loose :)

The good thing being that we don't have to load in until an hour & 1/2 before we play

There are some cool bands playing before us so it shouldn't be too bad. I made the mistake of eating McDonalds before our last set. Unpleasant to say the least. :(

haha yeah, that's why I try to stay away from such things before hitting the stage. Jumping around screaming and playing isn't much of a pleasure on a hot stage with a stomache filled with burgers :lol:
BUT they are great afterwards ;D

I always eat a good sized piece of bread and an apple before a gig = good clean energy without feeling full at all .... avoid cheese! It rots in your gut

The good thing being that we don't have to load in until an hour & 1/2 before we play

Last time I also was too nervous to eat much before the gig, so I ended up with eating half a slice of dry bread a few hours before.
I had a bad experience with too much beer and not enough in the stomache at a gig list year -> stood at the entrace checking tickets for 2 hours and had some beers to make the time pass...headbaning was quite difficult that evening hahaha

this gig was the first one were we had to be there only an hour before stagetime. was really comfortable :)

also: dude, check your pm ;)

Oh man you're right on the money. I'll have to find a sushi place.

anyways, i know that neck feeling after a longer gigging break....oh yes, i know the pains, haha. first time i hit the stage after being locked into writing/recording mode with my main band my neck hurt like hell the day after.

We call that a bangover. My hc band abraxis only plays a 15-20 minute set. Have gotten quite good at playing well, absolutely shit faced to the point where I can be as drunk as I'm gonna get and still play reasonably well.