Local Governments...pah!

Ultima Ibanez Overlord

-=The Dude Abides=-
Mar 17, 2002
999 letsby avenue
www.mp3.com
A local thrash band I have begun playing in had a gig booked for a really cool venue on a really cool stage. 150 tickets were sold for the gig which we were taking part in.
2 hours before we went to do soundcheck, we got a phonecall saying someone had complained to the local government who have put a ban on them holding gigs there. They have to satisfy certain conditions before they can hold gigs there again, so the gig has had to be moved back to June the 15th :mad:

Man, that was really annoying. I was starting to get all excited about it, starting to get "the buzz" and we had to cancel.
This sucked so much. The venue is so damn cool, the stage is brilliant, and the sound of the drums there is incredible. It would have been my first time playing on a "proper" stage, too.

Kill politicians!!

That sucks, man. Anyway it was just postponed, not cancelled. What are the conditions that have to be right first? Fire exits for example?
Maybe you could get some attention in the local papers by talking about this and in this way start an even bigger buzz. Try to make this work for you.

Artists like the Rolling stones were good at this. Every time they got arrested (for example for peeing against a wall outside, in the mid-sixties), they become more and more popular!
See, there's a silver lining to every cloud!

Wouter