playing gigs drunk

gR and I played this show with a band a couple days ago... The guitarist was sloshed. Could not understand a word he was saying. He played like a moron too. The music was nu metal too, so it wasn't even that difficult.

Do you have video to prove your drunken performance was better than your other performances?

The way I approached playing live was the same way I approached going to my job, because the band was a business, just the same as my day job. I don't drink before I go to my day job, why would I do the same thing before playing a show? After doing my first gig, I never got stage fright because we were playing so often after that. Remember, repetition is what drives away stage fright, not alcohol. If you're nervous when you play and you drink on top of that, you're just drunk AND nervous.

Sure it might seem like a lot of fun to play a show drunk but chances are you're just gonna end up lookin' hella stupid and will end up eating shit. I guess it is really just a coin toss though as to whether or not it might change the way you perform.