Good Albums?

Crusader

Metal addict
Sep 13, 2002
Hi, I got some money on christmas, and I want to buy a new album, with a new band. I like Saxon (To the SBOR to KG "era" especially) and System of a Down.
Any suggestions of a good album I can buy?

I also like Iron Maiden and Metallica... I heard Strativarius' Vision on Jmillions SHOUTCast a time ago, and it sounded good, I'll maybe buy that along with that Motörhead.... But I'll wait for more suggestions first.

Depending on how much coin you have, why not get the Judas Priest Remastered Box set?
Failing that get your hands on Backyard Babies 'Total 13' or the new one 'Making enemies is good' class band, class albums! Rock n Roll!

I counted your suggestions of albums, and it's 11 suggestions! :eek:
I can't afford to buy 11, I was thinking more of 1, or maby 2. Just now it seems like I'll buy Hammerfall Crimson Thunder ( A Swedish band! :cool: ), cause I saw their "Hearts on Fire" musicvideo, and it was good. Oh, and finally I've found out why I love Saxon (or a bit why), it's because they uses their drumming in a hard and aggressive way, just like Metallica does in many of their songs ( I like Metallica too....)
Not any "mellow" music here! :lol: :headbang:

I'v just downloaded and am enjoying very much, Gamma Ray's 'Power Plant'. Does anybody know when this was released as a few songs sound very similar to ones that feture on Priest's 'Demolition'. It's the first time I'v heard GR and they are pretty good. Anybody else like them?

Conquistador....I too am a big Rays fan. Powerplant was released in 1999 :) As Lagoon says No World Order is worth checking out too. My personal favourites are Somewhere Out In Space and Blast From The Past (which is Kai reworking some of the older tracks which were originally recorded with Ralf Scheepers in the main). As far as the Priest connection goes...I know Kai is a big fan of Priest. Gamma Ray do an excellent cover of Victim Of Changes on a recent Priest Trib album. Scheepers actually left Gamma Ray with Kai's blessing to pursue Priest's vocalist vacancy when Halford left. I know he was gutted when he wasn't chosen -a decision that I also could not understand. However, if this hadn't been the case he wouldn't have gone on to form Primal Fear...another truly excellent band! :)

Gamma Ray are my favourite band of all time and I'd recommend all their albums. However if you're just starting then I'd probably go for Blast From The Past. Also Primal Fear are totally outstanding. Very similar to Painkiller era Priest. Also myabe check out Iron Savior.

It turns out that I have Blast (2 cds) sitting on my drive; I've just burnt it off now. As for the Priest influence:
Powerplant was released in 1999 (cheers dragonmaiden), it appears both Mr Halford (crucible 2002) and Priest (demmolition 2001) have, how shall I say this, leaned heavily on certain songs. Sorry I can't name them but I only have a downloaded version. This appears a bit ironic seeing as what you two have to say about Gamma Ray being the fans of Priest. Is there a good web site for GR? :)
Cheers