Good Doom albums of 2016?

paul545

Jul 2, 2010
North Carolina
Haven't heard much doom from last year (or this year). Tried Khemmis and Subrosa and haven't really enjoyed either of those, though I liked Khemmis' previous album.

What newish doom have you guys enjoyed?

it's slim pickings. spiritus mortis is the most popular thing around here i think. the stone magnum, mountain witch, lord vicar, spirit adrift and altar of oblivion are worth hearing also.

Reactions: paul545
@no country for old wainds asked this some weeks back, this is my reply to that:
You didn't like The Year Is One? I thought it was brilliant. I totally forgot about Lord Vicar though, I think I'll have to edit my Best of 2016 list.

Well, some other doom metal releases that came out that I really liked were Solstice's To Sol A Thane demo, Cardinals Folly's Holocaust Of Ecstasy & Freedom album, Blizaro's Cornucopia Della Morte album, Pallbearer's Fear & Fury EP, Cross Vault's Miles To Take EP, Garden Of Worm's Double Dose Of Doom Vol 2 was a cool little 7 inch record as well.

Also, this just came out.

Reactions: paul545
Thanks for the recs guys. wasn't aware of most of these!

While not being true doom metal, if you're a fan of Pagan Altar, you should check out Tarot's full length, Reflections. Its the ultimate Pagan Altar love letter.

Reactions: CiG