Good G12T75 cab

Sly

Feb 8, 2006
Grenoble, FRANCE
www.myspace.com
I recently changed my cab from Bogner to Mesa oversized, and now I have a full V30 cab, sounds great.

Now I'd like to pick up a good all-G12t75 cab, I really like how they sound with some amps.
Do you think standard Marshall 1960A cabs can do the job (from what I heard when I tried them out is that they tend to sound a bit muddy in the low end and agressive in the high mids at the same time but many engineers use them so...) ?
Or are there better all-G12t75 cabs out there ?

I haven't tried many, but I can say I own a 1960a cab and it is pretty damn good. :) They're very reliable and I can get some great sounds out of it.

I haven't recorded it very much however, but as you said, a lot of people have recorded with them and they sound great. :)

I have the Marshall 1936, sort of oversized 2x12". Really like it, it's smaller than a 1960, but bigger than half the size of a 1960. Really nice to record (and to sit on when I record acoustic guitars, LOL!).
But as said before, I don't know any other brand that uses the G12T75's. Laney maybe?

I've got two 75's + GB's in my Carvin Legacy (vai sig) and my guitarist just got a 1960a. WE're going to do some recording tests to see how much different the 75's sound.

I have to agree. I recently picked up a 6505+ (NAD thread coming sometime soon) and I'm at my 'home away from home' (my parents house in uni holidays) using my Marshall 1960a, and I left my Mesa Trad at my uni house. I have to say, in contrast with the big dark sound of the peavey, this amp sounds REALLY good through this cab.

I recently changed my cab from Bogner to Mesa oversized, and now I have a full V30 cab, sounds great.

Now I'd like to pick up a good all-G12t75 cab, I really like how they sound with some amps.
Do you think standard Marshall 1960A cabs can do the job (from what I heard when I tried them out is that they tend to sound a bit muddy in the low end and agressive in the high mids at the same time but many engineers use them so...) ?
Or are there better all-G12t75 cabs out there ?

that's the speaker not the cab.
those speakers will tend to do that... don't expect to pickup the 1960 and put your guitar in B flat and it to handle it, it won't.

Marshall will do ya just fine.
Thing I've found is; whilst they sound good in the room; the 75s don't record very nicely; sound phasey and wierd .
Give me v30s greenbacks, bluebacks, g12hs ..... Lovely

I've got 2 cabs with those speakers- a 4X12 laney and the 1936 marshall oversized 2X12. Very similar sound between them both. They record pretty well but I really wanna get something with v30's to try record because the 75watts aren't the clearest speakers going for sure!