Good old american Butt Rock...

hagenmusic

Dec 22, 2010
Ionia Mi.
Just finished up 6 songs with the band Red Legs.. You guys probably remember them from opening up on the finals night of the Rocktagon...

Songs are pretty good for what they are going for, and I think the result is good for the amount of time and money they put in to it... (not very much)

Most of my time was spent editing drums to get them to lock in.. The drummer was pretty good and locking in on a groove, but tended to rush every single fill. So that was a headache editing wise. I'm pretty happy that i didn't have to use much sample replacement on the drums too.. They had an old ludwig superphonic snare that sounded pretty good. So that is 100% there, and then i just added a room sample on the snare to make it sustain.. Oh the pitfalls of recording drums in a small room.

The toms i did have to replace because they were tuned like balls, and the kick was about a 60/40 mix of natural and sample. I think drum recording and mixing is my favorite part of recording.. And least favorite too. haha.

These aren't mastered so the volume is pretty low, but sound cloud will make it sound crappy anyway so whats the point.
[SOUNDCLOUD]https://soundcloud.com/nickhagenrec/sets/red-legs-ep-2013[/SOUNDCLOUD]