Good PC program for programming drums?

X14Halo

May 28, 2010
I have drum software, metal machine...what is a good PC program that is easy to program them? I have an electronic drumset that I normally play on, but I want to start getting into programming drums. Thanks!

Any DAW with Midi-programing and VSTi support... I personally use FL studio, which has the best user friendly pianoroll...

FL Studio is not ideal, but it works well to learn the process of programming drums and you can also program synth or any other instrument for that matter.

learn to program on a typical piano roll. I used to use GP5 but I forced myself to learn on the Reaper and it is 10 times faster and there is so much more you can do with it

FL Studio for the win!
I've tried Ableton, REAPER, Nendo and none of them have so fast piano roll editing.
FL got my love just from that.

Cubase it is, although I also tend to use drum libraries with MIDI that was recorded by an actual drummer. It's very hard to get the dynamics of the hi-hat and ride right with DIY-programming.

It's very hard to get the dynamics of the hi-hat and ride right with DIY-programming.

then again, if you take a closer look/listen at the known MIDI librries they all
aren't that dynamic and complex. some don't even have different velocities
for kicks and snares. just yesterday i installes the EVIL DRUMS SDX, the midi files it comes with are a joke...

Guitar Pro then ships the .mid into Reason
You can control dynamics in Guitar Pro if you dare to try.

For truth, I used it the last 10 years and just discovered how to optimize my work... (Multitrack view + Honrizontal mode in the View options [thx bro] changed the game for me) <- actually yesterday. And I didn't know you could press "A" over a chord to get it's name.