Good Reverb Presets

ApolloSpeed

Oct 31, 2005
Texas
www.myspace.com
hey guys,

I was mixing some stuff today and I'm really not liking my reverbs for my drums! When I play my stuff, then play, say, new Caliban or Doomsday Machine......I'm like WOW!!! NICE REVERBS!!!

I got a moderately good reverb on my snare w/ LiquidVerb. But my toms are horrible!
I got Waves Rverb, TrueVerb, Liquidverb, Pantheon, Timeworks 4080L, and Timeworks ReverbX, and anything in Audition1.5 plugins.

Anyone got any good presets for one of these programs for toms? And maybe snare?

CJWall said:
I really like Audio Damages' "Reverence" plug... Excellent interface and relatively quick to dial in.. it's not uber clean, but it works well in the mix.

Hell yea! And it's not very expensive either! Same for the Princeton 2016 Verb. It's sooo subtle, I love it!

I am really liking the Sonitus Ultrafunk reverbs, really really cool room sound. The program comes with some presets that are pretty workable too. You definately have to tweak them but if you pick up the plugin let me know and I can look up some stuff I did the last time I used it. Highly reccomend this plugin though. It's really cheap too.

hey i like waves a lot too but it eats up my cpu alot. Same with RoomWorks. also if you have cubase sx3 and create a send, you can turn on the plug in but then you can adjust the volume for the plug in? should it be at 0db?

I tried my Sonitus Reverb and it is a pretty good one actually! And to think I never have even tried it yet. Way better than Waves Rverb and TrueVerb (atleast with the setting I can get outta it).
One would think Rverb or TrueVerb would be a pretty good reverb fx.......But I just can't get shit outta it!

Presets plp! Presets!! :loco: :kickass:

Yeah, I could never get a good sound from Trueverb or Rverb either. I usually just use the presets on Sonitus Ultrafunk and change the lengths of the reverb. Like 1.5 for snare, 1.2 for toms/cymbals, sometimes really short .5 for the kick drum to not be sticking out all by itself. I know I've heard a lot of people on here filter out a lot of the lows on their reverbs, but I usually don't.

The Dampening and High filter are the best things to tweak with RVerb. I can get a killer tom sound with messing with those on the plate setting.