Good States for Music? (Because I live in NC...)

Jul 18, 2012
So I live in Fayettville, NC which is like one of the worse places for music :( and I LOVE MUSIC, but we rarely have bands come to the only Venue in Fayettville (The Rock Shop) and theres not that many local bands.

I have looked so hard for a music studio to try to intern at but the only ones i could find (which was only 3) didn't answer the emails i sent them and have barely used Facebook pages. and not to mention the fact I am a teenager trying to become an Audio Engineer so it can be really discouraging living here :erk:

So any states that you guys live in that are particularly lively :headbang: when it comes to the music (and preferably metal) scene? I know California is but that is pretty much all I know.

Some pretty big (and up and coming) metal bands have come out of North Carolina in the past few years - maybe try a different city? (Asheville, Charlotte). Besides that I'd say Florida, California, or New York, in order of affordability :/

If you want to work in a studio or just want more shows you just need a major metro area. Picking a state is too general. As Marcus said, band-wise there is a lot of shit in NC it just isn't in Fatyettenam. Soldiers don't make for great music scenes b/c of the restrictiveness and transient nature of the job.

as Marcus said: "Florida, California, or New York, in order of affordability :/"

Our new mission statement as a studio is to reclaim Florida's crown for being the KINGS of DEATH METALLLLLZZZZ.

Seriously.

It happened in the early 90's, etc and it WILL happen again. There's some big shit brewing down here... =D and *I* want to be the "Scott Burns" at the heart of it

Yeah I mean don't get me wrong I know BTBAM came from raleigh so I figure raleigh is probably a lot better for the music scene but like you guys even said Fayettville is a downer...

Though I gotta be honest I never really thought about the fact that most of the population is military and that probably does have a lot to do with it!

NC rules! I love this state. Lots of great bands around here. I need to book a show at the Rockshop again. I always forget about that place and Fayetteville has always been good to us. You just need to move to a better city. Greensboro is awesome and so is Winston Salem(BTBAM's actual home town).

Raleigh blows though as a warning. Hell Egan can probably vouch for that.

ahhh man well I don't know haha I have lived here all my life so I've never really seen anything else so it can kinda be a big drag after 17 years :(

What studios have you written in to?

Well I cant find the other messages I sent but the most Legit seeming studio I messaged was called Digital Waves Studio and I guess they just ignored me.. but I also posted on Craigslist asking if any studios were interested in the idea of like an apprenticeship like deal but never got any replies (That was an act of desperation)

Austin, Texas. Extremely affordable, huge music fests. The only problem is the heat.

I'm from Hickory - currently living in Winston-Salem. I've had pretty awful luck finding studio opportunities. I had an internship lined up at a place called Old Town Studios in Winston, but the place went under before I started. Jamie King is here, but everyone and their brother has emailed him asking for an internship.