Good thing Billy kept the name M.O.D.

Jurched,,,be glad you don't have one...i accidentally tossed my tiny one in the trash after it accidentally fell in a bag on vacation that i used for garbage. :(.

You Long Islanders are funny. I have a buddy from Rockville ctr. One from Qorum (sp?) and another from Shirley. Two things about all of them are the same.
1-Anything north of the city is the "boonies"
2-Where they live is cool. Where anyone else lives on the island is a dump. Just ask them. I ask my buddy from Shirley about Qorum. He says "Friggin' dump." I ask my buddy from Qorum about Shirley. He says "Friggin' dump." :lol:

You ain't the only one who is disgusted with Kodak. There are tens of thousands here in Rochester upset over losing their jobs because Kodak got on board with digital so late.

Lou is the man!

If you ever make it up to Rochester, you have to go to the H.O.G. It is a trip.

I'm not from Long Island...I'm actually 40 miles north of the city...in the burbs...but it is true...people from the city and New Jersey say I'm from "upstate"...which is funny considering how huge New York is.

Jurched,,,be glad you don't have one...i accidentally tossed my tiny one in the trash after it accidentally fell in a bag on vacation that i used for garbage. :(.

I have one, but I'm always sure to buy the CD of any music I really like.

My MP3 player just malfunctioned and I had to spend hours re-ripping CDs to load them back on...what a pain in the ass.

I have a long commute and I find the MP3 player invaluable. CDs were a hassle in the car.

I don't own an MP3 player, Schenk. You aren't alone. I have a killer home system and a nice system in my truck. I never felt the need for an mp3 player. I am with you on owning the full version of the CD. I am one of those people that has to hold it in their hands. They type that prints shit at the office. Even though I can look at it online.

I don't own an MP3 player, Schenk. You aren't alone. I have a killer home system and a nice system in my truck. I never felt the need for an mp3 player. I am with you on owning the full version of the CD. I am one of those people that has to hold it in their hands. They type that prints shit at the office. Even though I can look at it online.

That comes from us old timers missing the days of LP album covers.

I totally miss vinyl. I remember the day USA for MOD came out. My buddy Mike and I walked back from the House of Guitars to his house, reading the jacket and inner sleeve. We couldn't believe the lyrics! Those were the days man.

Speaking of vinyl. . . I remember driving up to Canada in 10th grade to pick up a Spazztic Blurr album that wasn't released in the states at the time. Living way up here in the boonies has its advantages. :)

Speaking of vinyl. . . I remember driving up to Canada in 10th grade to pick up a Spazztic Blurr album that wasn't released in the states at the time. Living way up here in the boonies has its advantages. :)

I had a local record store that had an import section...that's where we found all the metal...it was awesome...they also carried Kerrang magazine which was a great tool for discovery.

Anyone remember the Mike Varney US Metal albums...that was the beginning of Shrapnel Records...they featured all the new young shredders...my friend Ken and I couldn't wait for each release.

Hmmm...I'm old.:cry:

I had a local record store that had an import section...that's where we found all the metal...it was awesome...they also carried Kerrang magazine which was a great tool for discovery.

Anyone remember the Mike Varney US Metal albums...that was the beginning of Shrapnel Records...they featured all the new young shredders...my friend Ken and I couldn't wait for each release.

Hmmm...I'm old.:cry:

Weren't Varney's records advertised on the back page of Guitar Player or Guitar World magazine? That's where Jason Becker and Marty Friedman got started, right?

Weren't Varney's records advertised on the back page of Guitar Player or Guitar World magazine? That's where Jason Becker and Marty Friedman got started, right?

Yup, that's right. Those albums were the best! They had awesome album covers with charicatures of all the players and Varney in Army type stuff. It was a great way to discover new guitarists...it was the real beginning of shred.

Check this out:

http://rateyourmusic.com/label/shrapnel_records

I got my 5 year old daughter and 3 year old son into "Get Ready". I got my daughter into Slayer when she was 2 (when I played the "Reign in Blood" DVD).