Good work by Steve to recomend?

davidian

Feb 12, 2002
Visit site
I'd like some tips about some music where Steve plays bass? I've heard the Death albums where he contributes, and Control Denied, Testament and Dark Hall.

He's fucking great, it's like the best bassist I've heard.

Is there any other music where he plays that you can recommend? I mean music where you can hear his outstanding basswork.

Well, he did Iced Earth's horror show as well. So, try to check that out without putting $$$ into Jon Schaeffer's pocket =)

J

'Look Through The Eyes Of Greed' and 'Aggression' are some of the better ones, I think, check them out...

OOhh!!! Everyone forgot to mention the Dragonlord album!!! That's also a VERY VERY FUCKING GREAT work!!! Eric Peterson's vocals are fitting very well there... I didn't think he could sing that way before, heheheheh...

I was cycling into work listening to "Swallowed in Black" by Sadus just this morning. My favourite song on that album just has to be "The Last Abide".

For pure brilliance on the bass though, my favourite stuff is his work with Autopsy - on the album "Severed Survival". I was first turned on to his playing by the song "Disembowled". It's such an unusual style of playing that I think it makes that album (along with the blistering solos and Chris Reiferts amazing voice of course!)

Check out Death's "Human". Steve's killer basslines are really clear in the mix and are definitely the highlight on that record.

Scott Carino's bass-solo in Cosmic Sea is also a classic !