Google drive (DropBox-like)

Tried it but it doesn't provide direct access to the files, so you can't use it for streaming mp3's, or hosting HTML files like Dropbox. Don't really see any advantage either, despite more space.

^ Yeah I just installed it and realized that the best feature of DropBox is not there... ! I prefer DropBox's simplicity as well, with GoogleDrive it seems you have to go through the complex google website once again. The cool thing is that you can access your files by login in with your google account, so I'm gonna keep it to upload my useful files (like all the scans of my ID, passport, paperwork etc which I sometimes need to provide when I'm abroad to random services) so that I can access them from any computer. You can do it via dropbox too though.

I have 18.2GB with Dropbox without paying a bean, absolutely no reason for me to switch as its faultless for what I need.
I'm at 5.2 at the moment, only used the 3 Go camera importation thing + the 200mo tour. Did you get 13Go out of referral ? I read that the bonus is double with edu mail accounts, I wonder if I can get some old school mail to work on dropbox, I'm not even sure they still exist !

(Btw if some newcomer still doesn't have dropbox, here's my referral link http://db.tt/AmHYM1sb so we both get 500mo bonus /shameless advertisement )

Yeah just referrals. Basically every time I work with a band I tell them to get it, and tbh most carry on using it anyway. Even stuff like shared folders with them is great to store demos, click tracks etc. Think you can get more if you send fb posts and tweets too.

Also had people on Facebook/twitter sign up, it's something that's easy to recommend to people as its a great product, easy to use and unobtrusive.

Yeah just referrals. Basically every time I work with a band I tell them to get it, and tbh most carry on using it anyway. Even stuff like shared folders with them is great to store demos, click tracks etc. Think you can get more if you send fb posts and tweets too.

Also had people on Facebook/twitter sign up, it's something that's easy to recommend to people as its a great product, easy to use and unobtrusive.

Same here, I'm at 10 Gb, I even installed it at work and now everyone at work loves it cause it's so easy to sync up reports and stuff from one computer to the other. I also have a minus.com account which I use for big files cause I have a big part of my dropbox storage always taken. It's slower and much clumsier to use, but it works. Unless a service with the same sync/stream/link sharing benefits of dropbox shows up with more space for free, it will still be king.

Did anyone use an educational mail to double up the extra storage ? Seems like it would be permanent, you can switch back to your normal email once it's done right ? Would be neat to be able to store full sessions in a zip file or something like that. Could be useful for me who travels a lot !

beware of their terms of service.

Your Content in our Services

Some of our Services allow you to submit content. You retain ownership of any intellectual property rights that you hold in that content. In short, what belongs to you stays yours.

When you upload or otherwise submit content to our Services, you give Google (and those we work with) a worldwide licence to use, host, store, reproduce, modify, create derivative works

http://www.google.co.uk/intl/en/policies/terms/regional.html