Who wants a google wave invite?

mick thompson

AKA: Ross Canpolat! SM!
Nov 3, 2005
Dublin, Ireland
i got my google wave account today - yay! so i need to start passing out some invites etc so i can start trying it out with people

from google:

Google Wave is more fun when you have others to wave with, so please nominate people you would like to add. Keep in mind that this is a preview so it could be a bit rocky at times.

Invitations will not be sent immediately. We have a lot of stamps to lick.

Happy waving!

so anyone who wants an invite reply here with your email OR pm me (please dont do both as i might get confused and make a double invite by mistake, as far as i can tell invites are not instant so you may need to wait a few minutes to a few days but you'll get it in the end

I feel so old... am I the only one who is heavily reluctant to these web 2.0 gimmicks? Google Wave doesn't really bring anything new to the table, it just merges services and why on earth would you want yet another messenger protocol around? Well, have fun! ;)

I HAVE 4 INVITES LEFT!!!!!!! PM ME IF YOU WANT TO GET INVITED!

all the lads that did pm me thank you, and im just letting you know you are all invited so expect to see an email from google in the next while

THATS IT SNEAPIANS - ALL MY INVITES ARE GONE

if the people i invited feel like doing some invites when they get there accounts then people who missed out on the invites might still get one. im waiting for my secondary google account to come through so i might have some more invites later.

peace bro's

I dont get what Google Wave is.. all i know is that im not interested in it at all, unless it gives me beer and hot chicks that is.

its a communication and collaboration tool. it is web based and designed to merge e-mail, instant messaging, wikis, and social networking in a live realtime chat environment using little system resources (live chat meaning as you hit each letter your mate sees it - he even sees your mistakes) . implements spelling and grammar correction and translation to around 40 languages and its going to be an open source API.

its gets near 0 latency due to tiny XML documents for chatting etc and eh basically the google plan is that its going to change the world (like all google products)

I feel so old... am I the only one who is heavily reluctant to these web 2.0 gimmicks? Google Wave doesn't really bring anything new to the table, it just merges services and why on earth would you want yet another messenger protocol around? Well, have fun! ;)

I tend to avoid such 'gimmicks', but I don't see Wave along those lines because it has the potential to play the role of a CMS in my classes and all of the other options are either unavailable or awful.

Jeff