Goreguts Considered Dead Bass

Via Noctis

Jun 23, 2007
Wisconsin
Any have any information on this? I have been searching ages on any details of the recording or mixing of this bass tone and I can't find anything. Thanks for the help.

Any have any information on this? I have been searching ages on any details of the recording or mixing of this bass tone and I can't find anything. Thanks for the help.
He's plugging directly into a mixing board via direct box. he's playing with his fingers and his strings are slightly worn. My band opened up for Gorguts twice for the Considered Dead tour in San Antonio. I can't remember what bass he played back then.

Wasn't expecting to see someone from around here to give info concerning that bass tone except maybe James Murphy (don't know if he's still here?) haha, that's fucking cool. Personally, I'd be more interested to know what was the bass chain on Erosion. Seems to me like there is a slight overdrive and I always thought it killed.

I was gonna post that I was surprised at the shit gear the bass player had.....That was something that stuck with me from that tour, after watching videos.....he's using a peavey 4 channel mixer with a peavey pa speaker as an amp. But hey...use what you have.

Last edited by a moderator: