Sick of It All's Bass Tone

roy22341

Aug 23, 2008
Lafayette, LA
I was wondering if anyone had any information on the methods used to record the bass for Sick of It All's latest album Death to Tyrants? I'm trying to get a tone similar to that using a PODxt with the bass expansion pack - any tips?

Thanks

Well they definitly didn't use the bass expansion pack.. so if your gonna use that, your best bet is to set it by ear...
And i know the guy who does their live sound.. i can ask him.

Ha yeh I'm pretty sure they didn't use a pod for their bass either. Unfortunately I just moved into a small apartment so that's about my only option now. I've just never really worked with tones like that before or used the pod to record much bass so I'm just looking for some tips to get me going in the right direction. Personally I'm not a huge fan of that kind of tone but its not my project so I'm gonna do my best to get what the guitarist and drummer are looking for.

Ihave seen soia live a lot of times and I talk a lot with the guy who produced the album (TUE MADSEN)
I am a bass player and he produced my albums too
he used, Fender Precission + Sans Amp
DI + Mic

Like someone said before, Craig Zetari has a great touch on his hands, always got a killer sound

they always have one of the best bass sounds!!!!
But you also have to check out comeback kid - wake the dead.
This record has one of the biggest bass tones ever.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was their FOH engineer in 2001. Excelent bass tone. 2 GK heads, 2 SVT 8x10s, Sans amp. DI on Sans amp, beta 52 on SVT woofer, condenser (prefer sm81) on tweeter. Simple and great.

Wow, thanks for sharing man ! Always great to gain such insight

Oh, fender bass + sansamp is my favourite configuration ever, hard to go wrong