Got a few euro's to spend.

GeertSamuel

Jan 29, 2006
Nieuw-Buinen, The Netherlands
My Graphic Design company has a bit of extra income, I can/need to invest that money. We already got new computers, printers, software upgrades and other stuff we needed at the office, and there is still 750 euro left. Unfortunatelly it needs to be something that, on paper, I can show that it is a logical buy for the Graphic Design company. Any outboard gear (preamps, effects etc.etc.) could be something I can justify as being a buy for the Graphic Design company since I also do some slight audio and video editing there. Buying a guitar amp, cab, drum gear isn't an option.

I prefer to buy some extra outgear, like a good preamp, compressor or any other thing. It's important that I don't buy it second hand, I need to be able to justify it with the papers for the tax form. Anyone got any advice?

So it's roughly 750,- euro.

Here is a list of what I currently own:
Main machine:
Apple Intel Quadcore

Main monitors monitors
Genelec 1031A with SPL Volume 2 control.

Software:
Cubase (for recording & mixing)
Slate Digital Trigger
Waves rVerb
Waves API Collection
Metric Halo Channelstrip

Interface:
Motu 1224 & Motu 2408 MKII on PCIe-424

Microphones:
• Neumann KM184 (x2)
• Rode NT5 (x2)
• Shure SM57 (x3)
• Shure SM7b (x1)
• Sennheiser MD421 (x3)
• Sennheiser MD521 (x1)
• Beyerdynamic Opus 53 (x2)

Pre-amps:
• RME Octamic (+adat)
• SM Audio Pro PR8E
• Black Lion Audio Auteur
• Neve 1073 clone

Assorted gear:
• TC Electronics Finalizer
• Behringer mic preamp (8 outputs)
• Radial X-Amp (reamp)
• Radial Passive DI
• Alesis D4 drum module
• Ddrum kick & snare triggers

If you can add a few dollars more to it i would say grab a Prime Analog 4000E. If you really can't go over that amount i hate to say that there isn't that much stuff outboard wise that is new and i would recommend other than perhaps a DBX 160A or a Chameleon Labs 7720, i've had mine for a while and use it all the time. The good stuff is always going to be just a few hundreds more than 750€.