Got any WRATHCHILD AMERICA fans????

Papa Josh

Minister of Propaganda
If you call yourself a thrash fan, you have to know about this band... they were incredibly innovative and way ahead of their time. After Atlantic Records dropped them in '92, they became Souls At Zero.

I was lucky in that I caught them in a club as Wrathchild America on tour with Armored Saint (who were supporting Symbol Of Salvation) and Last Crack (supporting My Burning Time). What a fucking show guys....

you mean Climbing the Walls and 3-D eh? I love that stuff, especially 3-D. Souls at Zero i've seen many times when they were around as well. I hate it when good bands break up >=( Desert Grins = :headbang:

Dark Chapter said:
you mean Climbing the Walls and 3-D eh? I love that stuff, especially 3-D. Souls at Zero i've seen many times when they were around as well. I hate it when good bands break up >=( Desert Grins = :headbang:

Hell, yeah. I've found a kindred soul...

Man, I love 3-D, they are all over the board on that record, and like King's X, Atlantic did not know what to do with them...

Their cover of Pink Floyd's "Time" is awesome too.

I know, Atlantic totally shit on them. I had once talked to Brad Divens about it but can't remember much of it =( It went something like, they wanted them to be more "approachable, radio friendly" & "to have an image" or something to that effect. Big surprise i'm sure as that seems to be the story with any band who aren't part of a particular formula. Did you eer see Souls at Zero live? Mannnn they would always play the best damn version of Comfortably Numb when i saw them. I wish they had recorded that.

Dark Chapter said:
I know, Atlantic totally shit on them. I had once talked to Brad Divens about it but can't remember much of it =( It went something like, they wanted them to be more "approachable, radio friendly" & "to have an image" or something to that effect. Big surprise i'm sure as that seems to be the story with any band who aren't part of a particular formula. Did you eer see Souls at Zero live? Mannnn they would always play the best damn version of Comfortably Numb when i saw them. I wish they had recorded that.

Ah man, that is awesome. I never had a chance to see them after 92, but they were excellent that night. I would've loved to have heard that cover. There's gotta be a bootleg of that somewhere... Markgugs????

Their song "Inside A Scream" reminds me of Floyd.

Man that would be nice if someone had a boot of one of their shows! My fave from Taste for the Perverse would have to be Needles. Love the emotion in his voice on that one. Grey World off the s/t one too.

Hell yeah, I love Wrathchild America. 3-D is my favorite, but I love Climbing The Walls too. I saw them (supporting Climbing) open up for Testament (Practice) and Annihilator (Alice) in 89. Now that was a fucking show.

I would have liked to have seen Last Crack on the Burning Time tour. Another band people have forgotten about...

bloodfiredeath said:
Hell yeah, I love Wrathchild America. 3-D is my favorite, but I love Climbing The Walls too. I saw them (supporting Climbing) open up for Testament (Practice) and Annihilator (Alice) in 89. Now that was a fucking show.

I would have liked to have seen Last Crack on the Burning Time tour. Another band people have forgotten about...

hey mon!
you still have a chance to see Last Crack. in fact, the next Last Crack show is Saturday, September 25th, 2004 at the Rock Shop in Milwaukee, WI. Currently, Last Crack is in the rehearsal studio tweeking songs that will appear on a studio album with a tentative release date of spring 2005.

you can listen to two new songs (Siren Song and Greta Grinder) and a live version of "Blood Brothers" from the reunion show in 2002 (my birthday party, man was it fun!) at the official Last Crack website.
www.lastcrack.com

you can also sign up for our email list to get news, updates and more!

thanx for thinking of Last Crack!
Rökker
LastCrack.com
rokker@lastcrack.com