Papa's Official ARMORED SAINT Appreciation Thread

Papa Josh

Minister of Propaganda
This thread is for the old schoolers. I remember MTV actually used to air entire concerts on Saturday nights back in the first 5 years of the station, and one night they played this concert with Armored Saint, Grave Digger... and I can't quite remember who else, it was one of two bands and I'm not sure...

Anyhow, John Bush was the best in Armored Saint, not Anthrax. His vocals paired with Joey Vera's are just fucking awesome. Anyone here seen them live?

I saw them on the Symbol of Salvation tour, with Wrathchild America and Last Crack opening, and twice on the Revelation tour. Incredible live band, lots of energy.

Oh man, I fucking love Armored Saint. It pisses me off no one ever gives them a bit of respect. I've never seen them live though. A buddy of mine saw AS, WASP, and Metallica play around 1985. What a tour.
I am especially into the first three albums. I know SoS is considered their best by many fans, but it's nowhere close for me. I don't really have a favorite among their first 3, it changes frequently. I got a great FM show from their first tour from Markgugs.

I like Armored Saint very much, especially "March Of The Saint" - A CLASS power metal. One of the few bands that their comeback album was not crap, but a piece of godly heavy metal (yes "Revelation" fuckin rules). I saw them here September 2000, they played in a small club with 400 people inside and it was one of the best live shows i have ever seen. Bush was moshing with the crowd and singing among others headbanging and drinking, the band was full of energy like they were playing their first live show being 20 years old. I love this feeling.

Long live the saint!

While I wont agree with the comment on which band is better with Bush, I still love me some Armored Saints from Germany! At least that is how they were advertised on their last tour here in houston. stupid club!

c