Got to play with CYNIC and CHIMPSPANNER in Dublin!

if6was9

Ireland
Jun 13, 2007
lreland
A few days ago my band got the call to open for Cynic and Chimpspanner in Dublin on the opening date of the EU tour when the tour support pulled out. It was short notice but was really cool, got to meet a few of them and see their soundcheck.

Was cool for us as all of the guys in my band are huge Cynic fans- 3 of us had tickets anyway and were going and they'd definately be a big influence on us.

They were awesome too, totally recommend seeing them on this tour. The set list is great and they're on savage form. Was my 3rd time seeing them and definately the best,

My band is Shardborne, from Ireland. Check us out in the links in my sig if you like Cynic! We're instrumental prog metal.

Sounds awesome, and I wish I had known about it :(.
Where did you play ?

It was on in The Village, next to Whelans. Sound was great. Best onstage sound we've had in ages and Cynic sounded great out front.

Cynic are actually using our bassists projector on the tour because the touring support pulled out and were supposed to bringing one along.

Congratz!

Still have never seen Cynic since they seem to avoid my area on their US tours. They may have come through Dallas at one point but I was unable to attend and it's still a bit of a drive. Would love to see them live though.