Goth SG Modification Idea

Sloan

Sounds like shit!
Oct 22, 2006
Atlanta, GA
www.sloanstewart.com
sg_casterEMG.jpg

So, I've got this Epiphone Goth SG and thought it would be cool to modify it and came up with this on the keiaskaeiseieeike virtual guitar thing. I dig it.

TEH MOUDZ":
EMG 81/85 or whateverthefuck
1 Volume, 1 Tone, and 3-Way switch on Telecaster plate.

ALL BLACK. Those tuners should be black.

I haven't actually done anything yet, just posting it up to see what you gainfags think about this evil axe.

Hmm, not feelin' the Tele-style plate. So beyond that, doesn't it already have black hardware, so you'd just be swapping the pickups? :loco:

I actually have the goth les paul that I'm about to mod w/ the following

Pickups: Duncan SH-6 (B) & SH-2 (N)
Tuners: Sperzel Trim-Lok (black)
Bridge: TonePro tuneomatic/tailpiece w/ graph tech string saver saddles

If you use that tele plate, try finding a pick guard that goes from side to side, like a tele, and I think it would look alot better.

Doesnt the SG have 4 knobs? I have a Gibson standard but I'm unfamiliar with the electronics layout of the epiphone Gothic version. Wouldn't you have to cover the holes leftover from the old pots somehow? Or maybe stick some other useful shit in the holes that the tele plate doesnt cover, like some sort of beer dispenser thing. I don't know how that would work though. Figure it out and you might have the coolest guitar ever. :kickass:

Doesnt the SG have 4 knobs? I have a Gibson standard but I'm unfamiliar with the electronics layout of the epiphone Gothic version. Wouldn't you have to cover the holes leftover from the old pots somehow? Or maybe stick some other useful shit in the holes that the tele plate doesnt cover, like some sort of beer dispenser thing. I don't know how that would work though. Figure it out and you might have the coolest guitar ever. :kickass:

yeah, knowing me, I would probably just cover the extra holes with electrical tape!!! haha.