Gothic Metal mix feedback please!

lee_mulcahy

New Metal Member
Jan 17, 2011
Hi,

First time posting here, if anyone could give me some feedback on the mix I have been working on for my bands upcoming EP I would really appreciate it!

There are still a few parts that need to be added (mainly lead guitar) so there may be a few sections that feel that they are lacking something!

Thanks in advance!

http://db.tt/uEHhRvvK

Lee

I wouldn't call that gothic metal, but synth or orchestral metal... that's just for me, cuz my fiance bash my head when I called that goth once.
But mix is very awesome, but is it me or bass guitar is in low end only?

Cheers dude! I'll bare that in mind about it not being gothic metal, I can accept it being orchestral metal! And I'll work on the bass a bit more to give it a bit more clarity!

Wait, do you mean the bass guitar seems to just have low end and lack high end or that the bass is the only instrument in the low end?

The whole mix is a little too reverby for me, which makes it loose it's balls. Did you double the vocal tracks? (lead and harmony parts)
Good song!

Thanks guys, Mondo I'll turn down all the reverb sends, theres quite a bit of delay on a few parts as well so I'll turn them down a bit as well, the only parts that have any reverb/delay are snare, toms, vox and the orchestra! None of the vocal tracks are doubled, we just recorded the lead vocals (the lower vocals during the verse) but we felt that it was a bit too low for her voice (we play it in drop D rather than drop C now!) so we recorded her singing the melody an octave higher as well, as well as a few harmonies as some of the notes an octave higher were a bit too high for her! then in the chorus there's just lead vox and 2 different harmonies!

Any opinions on the guitar tone? I recently picked up an Axe FX standard and I am still playing around with it to try and get the best out of it!

I think you got a pretty good sound man. Your tone seems "round" and is easy to listen to.