gotta love cleveland

I will be driving from Columbus, Mississippi (a small, podunk, Air Force town) to chicago, Illinois to see Opeth.

Total driving time: Eleven hours. (and don't forget eleven hours back.)

"The things we do for showbiz..."

hahaha.....hushhh, Elliot....it's a good idea!

okay I have one more silly question, and I don't want to start a new thread....it's probably going to be 5 degrees out that night, but I don't want to be stuck wearing my coat all night, inside.....what can I do? aughh what are you all going to do? I mean is there anywhere we can put our coats, safely?

Originally posted by Lacent

...as for the section of town this is in, i have heard its a bad part of town, but if its really not that bad i wont worry about it, i just dont want my truck to get jacked, i'm not really worried about getting attacked, i am a pretty big guy so its not really an issue i dont believe

Umm I have known many people that have had their car robbed at the agora.. all his shit stolen, and this was IN the lot where you have to pay. Fucking brick through the window. Also I usually park on the street, but you will probably have homeless black dudes all of you asking for a dollar and they will tell you they will watch your car... well dont fall for that shit. They really mean if you dont pay them they will fuck your car up, but its all a bluff.. well most of the time :) I havent had a problem personally.. so.. just be careful. I'm heading to pittsburg for this one so i'll see how Club Laga is. Agora is not to bad, i saw opeth there last time with Amorphis. You can bring cameras, just not camcorders.. but if you know the right people you can do that too.

yea no doubt, well, i'll just make sure to take most of the stuff of value out of my truck, i.e. 1k in CDs, other than that there is not much they can take, maybe my floor mats, lol, 2.00 at wallyworld anyway, so should i park in the garage or on the street?

laga is fine...i live in pittsburgh and i will be there tonight....and i look like a dork with the black glasses and all...probably sporting a jacket with a death pin and a carcass patch.....i will be there late....i don't really care about tapping the vein and i wouldn't mind seeing paradise lost but they don't really do it for me anymore......at least in the last six years...

it's also funny because with an earlier post about being dressed in american eagle because i used to design for them....

really? man i love AE clothes, they are really comfortable, probably the most durable too, i mean i look like a prep but who cares right? i know who i am my girl knows who i am thats all that matters, but thats cool that you designed for them

Originally posted by Solitary Raven
6 hours drive from Chitown! I cannot wait! This will my first time seeing Opeth and Saturday can't come soon enough...

How come you are driving all the way to Cleveland when they are coming to Chicago two days after? I'm just asking because I've driven from Chicago to Cleveland about 50 times and it's just not much fun. It shouldn't take you 6 hours though. Cleveland is about 350 miles from south suburban Chicago and it usually takes me a little over 5 hours to get where I'm going. Be aware that the tollway will suck $10 out of your wallet each way. Hope you have a good time and will you be at the Chicago show?