GR Limited edition

CAIRATH

Astral Disaster
Feb 6, 2002
R'lyeh
I seem to recall reading somewhere that there was going to be a special/limited edition of GR at some point. Does anyone know the specifics on that? Particularly when they are planning on releasing it.

Due to the fact that the only vaguely independant recordstore in the (relatively small) city where I live decided to disappear during the summer vacation I still haven't been able to pick up a copy. So now I'm wondering if I should wait for the special edition or not. If I don't then I might end up buying it twice like I did with BWP and that just seems a little unhealthy (yeah I'm vaguely obsessive when it comes to buying music).

I still haven't actually heard the album so I'm certainly not planning to wait very long. So I hope the special edition will contain something worthwhile (the BWP one did in my opinion, the two bonus tracks on the extra CD are great and the video was nice too) and that they aren't releasing it months from now. But knowing record labels, I guess they probably are.

I was considering waiting to buy the LE version, but after giving it a bit more thought I don't know if it'll be worth it. I can't imagine it'll include much more than the radio edits and TGC video as a bonus.

Though I'm curious to know how limited the vinyl is. Not sure if I should get it straight away, or if it's safe to wait a while ...

CAIRATH said:
I seem to recall reading somewhere that there was going to be a special/limited edition of GR at some point. Does anyone know the specifics on that? Particularly when they are planning on releasing it.

Due to the fact that the only vaguely independant recordstore in the (relatively small) city where I live decided to disappear during the summer vacation I still haven't been able to pick up a copy. So now I'm wondering if I should wait for the special edition or not. If I don't then I might end up buying it twice like I did with BWP and that just seems a little unhealthy (yeah I'm vaguely obsessive when it comes to buying music).

I still haven't actually heard the album so I'm certainly not planning to wait very long. So I hope the special edition will contain something worthwhile (the BWP one did in my opinion, the two bonus tracks on the extra CD are great and the video was nice too) and that they aren't releasing it months from now. But knowing record labels, I guess they probably are.

Hello,
Of course your read it somewhere, maybe at blabbermouth, http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=40984 , or at Opeth's Official Site !!! on the Late news section:
L A T E S T N E W S

1_square.gif
space_numbers.gif
space_numbers.gif

space_grasvart.jpg
space_grasvart.jpg
space_grasvart.jpg
Roadrunner records has set the release date for "Ghost reveries" on the 29th of August (Europe and world) + 30th of August for North America. The record will be released on regular Cd, double vinyl as well as a later limited edition hardback deluxe Cd!

A shorter edit version of "The grand conjuration" will see a single release in the near future. Included on the disc is the edit version as well as the full 10 minute + version and another edit of the "Ghost of perdition" track. A video for "The grand conjuration - edit" was also shot in Los Angeles/USA with director Bill Yukich.
I just hope that someone would say the release date for the Hardback Deluxe CD... and this cannot be forgoten. Please rename the topic subject and put Ghost Reveries instead of GR, cause I almost missed the thread and I was just start a new one.
I'm a huge fan of Opeth, but I'm sick of all this greed labels, ie Roadrunner. I cannot support this kind of actions, releasing a normal edition and after a while, a special edition. At least release both editions at the same time...
I will stick with the mp3 album until they release the special edition.
Hey, and spread the word guys... to see if they say the release date of the special edition.

T-Rat said:
yeah, i would be into that too...
???
but you should get the new one in the meantime!!!
you just can't have too much opeth!

a buddy of mine once showed me his Morningrise collection
he has something like 14 different edditions of the album
2 of them are picture vynil edditions(one from The US and one from the UK)
and another 2 edditions of regular vynils then there are different releases with bonus track without bonus tracks, candeligh eddition, Century media(the eddition you can get in every hole) signed and unsigned and the tin eddition.

Now that's an obsession.
He has also several edditions of "My arms" and "Still life"

appearently there is something called to much Opeth.

p.s
I saw someone trying to sell a signed first printed Candelight eddition of Morningrise signed by Mikael and Peter for 300$US on ebay.

Knowing Roadrunner....they will wait until everyone has picked up the regular version and then release the special edition just to piss off all of the regular fans who undoubtedly have already picked it up.

They do this all the time.....I'm a sucker for it too.......:yell: