GR deluxe announcement - at last an answer from RR!

RiffBoy

Fret Buzzer
Nov 21, 2005
Sweden
The 'GR special edition CD' was announced the first time last fall on Opeth's own site. But no date has been known (to us!).

I have earlier posted a question to Roadrunner Records about the GR special edition on their site, in the Ask Amy-departement. Some other dude also asked a similar question. We both got ansvered... (At last!)

I'll paste them here with Amy's answers...

----
Question:
"Amy, I've been hearing rumours that the special edition of Opeth's latest, Ghost Reveries is due to be released next Tuesday, March 28. Is this true? "
Answer:
"Nope. Later this year"

----
Question:
"Weren't Roadrunner going to release Opeth's album "Ghost Reveries" as a deluxe edition soon? Do you have any news on the releasedate?"
Answer:
"In a few months."

----
Source:
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/inthepit/askamy

the people over at roadrunner are idiots, im on the "roadcrew" for opeth, and whenever i ask somthing i always get those stupid 2 word answers, fucking metalcore fans lol...but for christmas they sent me an autographed 8x10 promo pic, and auto'ed ghost reveries album booklet...so w/e i shouldnt complain lol

AMY !!!!!!!!!!

I wonder what will be added to the original ? A while ago someone mentioned an earlier version of TGC.

Most likely, Soldier Of Fortune Live, The Grand Conjuration Live, and When Live.

Also.. The Grand Conjuration and Ghost Of Perdition Edits.

And if we're lucky,maby the Ghost Reveries Documentary Mikeal was talking about.

xXBraveMurderDay said:
Most likely, Soldier Of Fortune Live, The Grand Conjuration Live, and When Live.

Also.. The Grand Conjuration and Ghost Of Perdition Edits.

And if we're lucky,maby the Ghost Reveries Documentary Mikeal was talking about.

That Doc better be on it! Hopefully it'll be as good as the lamentations one...actually itll prolly be about 20mins or sumthin.

Blarrrgh.

Have been waiting for this for a very long time now.

I suppose the delay will be okay if the extra tracks are on a seperate disc, and certainly if there is a video of some sort as well.

Thanks for posting about this, RiffBoy...I've been wanting to know.

FUBAR said:
That Doc better be on it! Hopefully it'll be as good as the lamentations one...actually itll prolly be about 20mins or sumthin.

I hope they'll save that doc for a later DVD release... I already have GR, but really want to see that doc, which would mean i'd have to buy the same album twice.. No way!

Nowadays it seems it's better to wait before you buy an album.. Why not instantly release the limited edition, together with the orginal, so that people have a choice?! Noooo, let's just release the normal one first, and release a limited one later one, so that fans have to give us their money twice!!
I like going to the store on release-day, hoping that there's still a limited edition left, and being happy as a child when there is... I hate buying an album and finding out later that there is a limited edition being released later-on.. Happened to me an several occasions! I can imagine people saying "I'll download the nest album first, who knows what cool re-releases they'll come up with in a few months!"...

(This is definately not meant as a complaint in Opeth's direction, they can do nothing about it, just to record companies in general..)

shadowNINE said:
Thanks for posting about this, RiffBoy...I've been wanting to know.

You're welcome! :)

Yeah, I have recently bought all of Opeth's albums, but have deliberately waited to buy GR (- but never thought it would be such a long wait!).
My son has already got the first issue of GR, and I can listen to his copy...

So even if I was let down to hear about the extra months, now, I'm still happy to find out that it actually WILL be released!