A New Date For The Gr Release

Mr Samsara said:
First: I cannot confirm this so when posting such information, please site your source.

Second: Although I'm pretty dissapointed as I was really looking forward to the documentary, etc. to close out my summer.. Frankly the only thing I find stupid is the knee-jerk pessimism and blame "Stupid Fucking Roadrunner" stuff. Yeah... I'm sure RR really wants to wait to put their product on the shelves.. I mean who buys into the whole "speed to market" crap anyway? I'm sure the execs are thrilled with a 3 month delay to recoup their investment.

Third: Considering the news....

"2006-06-14
"Soldier of fortune", the Deep Purple cover recorded at the BBC and set up as a bonus track for the upcoming special edition of "Ghost reveries" will be re-recorded at the famed Atlantis studios in Stockholm. This is due to unforseen legal problems with the BBC in the UK. Therefore the BBC recording won't be available other than through downloads."

it seemed like quite an unrealistic task to get into the studio, record, mix, master, etc. a song, get on the disk, get the product produced and distributed in around 30 days (25th of July).. so this really doesn't really come as a big suprise. But what do I know? :guh:

I don't know what speed to the market you're talking about. Labels do push things back for the exact reason to put them in the best position to sell well. You don't just get a product and quick put it out, there's a lot that goes into when things get released. As for the rest of what you said, about them recording and such, those are legit points. I personally am not relying on this release for anything other than the documentary, so the wait isn't really a biggie.

BurningSky said:
You don't just get a product and quick put it out, there's a lot that goes into when things get released.

That was exactly my point. RR had set the release of this version as July 25th and I'm sure they thought that date was going to put them in a good position to sell the record. Everyone above was :cry: like RR just randomly decided to push the date back..... that's all. I would say that Oct. 31, after taking into consideration all I mentioned earlier and also perhaps having to reprint packaging and/or the booklet was the next date they felt would put them in a good position to move records.

Basically, I think we are on the same page.:)

biggsy said:
2006-05-11

The MFN catologue is being re released by SONY.BMG. The releases are: Deliverance, Damnation, Blackwater Park, Lamentations DVD (will be released 3rd July).

http://opeth.com/

WTF? I bought Deliverance a week or two ago and it is a SONY BMG release.:loco:

Ällu said:
WTF? I bought Deliverance a week or two ago and it is a SONY BMG release.:loco:

Yeaah on Amazon.fr it's already able to buy the new release since one month (Written release date 05 June) at low cost.

So i didn't order mine yet but that shouldn't delay if they already out