Opeth re-release of GR+ on June 28 !

The Greys said:
I thought cds were suppose to be re-released when out of print or years later. I find this incredibly stupid and annoying.

RR is the only label that releases cds again alittle after they've been released. I'm convinced this label is money hungry more than what should is normal. There is nothing wrong with wanting money or wanting cds to sell but this is so damn ridiculous.

But people fell on that trick time after time. For RR it's liking printing their own money. Most of the time bonus tracks are something that have been recorded already on their same studio sessions as the main album or they are older compilation/tribute tracks or live recordings.
Other labels are doing that too, but not se frequently as RR. Earache has reissued Morbid Angel's Abominations of Desolation four (or five) times, that being the record in metal music industry I think. Nuclear Blast, Osmose Productions does deluxe reissues of some albums, but usually it's 2-4 years between the original release and deluxe version, not a fucking six months as is usual case with RR.

From OPETH.com today:
-----------------------

Roadrunner will issue a special edition deluxe version of "Ghost reveries" on the 25 th of July.

Bonus material include
- a 40 minute documentary about the making of the record complete with the bands own private tour footage
- a cover of Deep Purple's "Soldier of fortune" recorded for UK's BBC radio
- the video for "The grand conjuration"
- liner notes
- photos
- enhanced 24 page booklet
- deluxe sleeve
- 5.1 surround exclusive mix of the record made by original mixed/engineer Jens Bogren.

The earlier info from the swedish division of Roadrunner - from the label manager - was obviously both right (a great release) and wrong (the release date).

I believe it includes all we wanted or wished for?! :)

It includes all i wanted, all i wished for, and soon i will be stuck with a GR cd which i bought on day one of it's release. Like 90% of the dedicated fans.

Why not the other way round? Release a full package on day one, and once they are out of stock, start printing normal editions. I didn't read this whole thread, probably tons of more reactions like mine, but this is just moneysucking. And RR is getting away with it, since they made the bonus-material kinda irresistable.

Really bummed that i didn't download the GR album at first. Yeah Roadrunner, that's what you guys have us doing by the next album. Download, burn it on a cd and go with that for a few months, until the deluxe edition comes out.

I'm against downloading and mp3's, but come on, cd's are expensive as they are, let alone if you have to buy every album twice.

Not Opeth's fault, but RR clearly missed the mark here.

you know it'll almost be a year since gr was released with the special edition comes out... do you really miss that $15?

1) Vinyl rules - fuck anyone who says otherwise because you're not a true music fanatic.

2) A re-release of a bad album doesnt make it anything more than a bad album.

3) What will we hear in this new doco? That the new album will be "bordering on Black Metal" perhaps? Sorry folks - I'm still deeply disappointed with Opeth on GR, given they are still a great band.

U NEEED TO TAKE A CHILL PILL MAN. ITS OK IF YOU DONT LIKE GR, EVERYONE IS ENTITILED TO THEIR OPINION, IMO. BUT DON'T BASH OPETH ON THEIR FORUM, K?

The Hubster said:
1) Vinyl rules - fuck anyone who says otherwise because you're not a true music fanatic.

2) A re-release of a bad album doesnt make it anything more than a bad album.

3) What will we hear in this new doco? That the new album will be "bordering on Black Metal" perhaps? Sorry folks - I'm still deeply disappointed with Opeth on GR, given they are still a great band.

No one cares about you being disappointed with GR.

The Hubster said:
It is, I'm having a ball, aren't you? Or still learning to spell "relly"?

oh BURRRRN That was harsh man. I think you need to tone it down imo.