Opeth re-release of GR+ on June 28 !

Sean Casey said:
eh, I just never see why people go out of their way to find these vinyl's. I really don't see the practical use of having a record player any more, much less buying things to play in them, when you have mp3 players and CD players that are much smaller.

Funny thing is, I'm beginning to sell all my CD's except for the Rare/OOP/Non-Vinyl releases to buy vinyl copies... I just like the format more, if I need it on a CD for the car or whatever, I can just download an MP3 or Transfer the record onto the computer.

Vegetaman has an awesome room-covering spread of old vinyls: Rainbow, Sabbath, Maiden.

Awesomeness.

SPLASTiK said:
if I need it on a CD for the car or whatever, I can just download an MP3 or Transfer the record onto the computer.
if you really want to waste all that time....cds sound alot better imo, and also are alot easier to play, i would never consider switching over to all vinyl, i only have vinyls for nostalgic values

Led Opeth said:
if you really want to waste all that time....cds sound alot better imo

Not really a waste of time, I mean you can transfer to the vinyl while you listen for the first time :D I don't think CD's sound better at all, too many shitty mastering engineers and poor remastering jobs with the obssession to squeeze as much volume out of the disc, you can't master so harshly with vinyl. I'd say the majority of vinyls sound better than their CD counterparts, though a lot of current vinyl is using the same mastered audio that the CD's use instead of seperate proper vinyl mastering.

SPLASTiK said:
Not really a waste of time, I mean you can transfer to the vinyl while you listen for the first time :D I don't think CD's sound better at all, too many shitty mastering engineers and poor remastering jobs with the obssession to squeeze as much volume out of the disc, you can't master so harshly with vinyl. I'd say the majority of vinyls sound better than their CD counterparts, though a lot of current vinyl is using the same mastered audio that the CD's use instead of seperate proper vinyl mastering.

yeah but lets see you play a vinyl when you're taking a morning jog or walking places

Demilich said:
can you blame them? i mean, is it RR's fault people buy these things?

Sure you can blame them. they could have done it the other way around.
and release the deluxe version first and the regular version later...so music nerds won't have to buy bothe versions just for the bonuses.
People who go out of their way to buy an Opeth CD on the first day it's in the shop and bringing opeth to a high place on billboard for instance which brings the band more recognition and even more sales in the next weeks.
These people should get a deluxe version for their money.