Ghost Reveries re-release... when?

Hypergeek

new death trend
Feb 4, 2006
West Virginia
So a while back, I guess this was Dec of last yr, there was talks of a quick re-release of Opeth's RRRecord debut "Ghost Reveries." I thought it was suppose to come out in late Feb. Does anyone have any info about this? Thanks.

For those who were there at the 2/18 Millvale, Pa show... great times.

I dunno... But unless they do something like package it with a DVD (like a making of or some live stuff) I don't see why... Because there's still copies of Opeth's album Ghost Reveries available locally.

Sean Casey said:
Roadrunner re-releasing ghost reveries = biggest cash in attempt i've ever heard of

eh, it's not really a surprise. RR does it with almost every record. I'll buy it if it has some cool shit on it, but if its just new artwork...probably not.

I've been hearing March 28th.... as for what'll be "special" about it? Not too sure... the BBC Recordings are what I've heard... (TGC, When, Soldier of Fortune)... don't know much more than that

That would be a disappointment to me if all they did was add those 3 songs. Now a STUDIO recording of Soldier Of Fortune would be awesome, but I doubt that would happen.

Although, I would buy the album anyway because I'm a collector. ;)

That would be a disappointment to me if all they did was add those 3 songs. Now a STUDIO recording of Soldier Of Fortune would be awesome, but I doubt that would happen.

Agreed... it'll be a welcome addition to have the 3 BBC tunes... but something more would be welcome, too... "making of" DVD... or maybe some live footage.... and you're right, a studio version of SoF would rule!

Including a DVD with the re-issue would suck because I'm not going to buy the CD again just for a few tracks and a DVD. They shouldn't even rerelease it until it is sold out or else there's no point.

Sanzen said:
eh, it's not really a surprise. RR does it with almost every record. I'll buy it if it has some cool shit on it, but if its just new artwork...probably not.

Actually, new artwork would make me really happy. That was my major disappointment with the Blackwater Park re-release.

Because of When being on it, Roadrunner has the rights to the song...I am really hoping they are taking this time to buy the rest of Opeth's songs so we can get an awesome live DVD and tons of studio footage. Yes. Yes. Yes.

Its for collectors you retards. Just don't buy it if you don't want it.

Oh yeah, And I hope it has The Making Of Ghost Reveries Documentary Mikeal was talking about.

It will probably come in a digipack version, with some bonus tracks if we are lucky. By the way, does anybody know where I can get the japanese pressing of GR? I saw it on Ebay some weeks ago, but it was pretty expensive.