First week sales of Ghost Reveries - more than impressive!

Sanzen said:
That only doesn't account for a first-week sales jump of 10,000 units. It's nothing against the band - this is probably one of the big reasons they signed with Roadrunner.
Amen brotha.

Johan said:
what are the odds that GR will sell 100,000 US copies?

its possible....i doubt it though...at least not for a long time. they would need a big tour of some sort, as an opening act for a popular band...or some more air time, tv and radio.

NeverIsForever said:
Good for Opeth! They are great musicians and they deserve the financial success far more than many so-called "artists" out there. Music does not have to be underground to be awesome...

Quoted for truth, and also because I love my quote you put in your sig. That one's true, too. I got a Deadwing tour shirt and it's wayy to big for me. :9

Still Life (1999): 23,377

Wow - I cannot believe how small the numbers are for Still Life... isn't this the classsic album that we all say is our first/second/third favorite?

Ghost Reveries ended up selling 100,000 in the U.S.

Not bad - I expect the new one to double that, if for no other reason than they are starting to build up a head of steam with the mainstream press. Also, the album is pretty damn good, and should draw in some newbies.