"Deluxe" GR edition pushed to 30th of October.

Nichtsicher

Jan 24, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Taken from Opeth.com

"
2006-06-20

As we previously have reported Roadrunner will issue a special edition deluxe version of "Ghost reveries". The release date has been pushed forward to the 30th of october."

^ You are right, that sounds even more than decent and that's why I call it corporate crap. It's been discussed here before but this release is not beneficial for true fans, who already own a CD - now they'll have to spend the cash again to get those few bonuses. It's kind of a penalty for those who want to listen to the new album as soon as possible so they don't wait a whole year for the deluxe edition... I know Opeth has nothing to do with the marketing strategy of RR but it does make me a bit angry... And people critisise downloading...

I really have no problem buying the new version, eventhough i have the original. It's just a fucking cd, it does not cost millions of dollars. How much does cd's cost over in the states btw?

Well I don't own the CD and it's very likely that I will go out and buy the deluxe edition, unless the price is jacked up a few dollars.

Maggai said:
Yeah here in Norway as well i think........

Yeah but hey, compare the GDP per capita in Poland and Norway and something might tingle in your head... It's not the nominal price that counts you know...

They might have a new album out before this thing gets issued ???

Or maybe they'll add some more goodies to it. That would be a nice reward for those of us who are waiting for this.

Corporate crap? Its called collecting. If you want to be a completist, you have to get everything available. I wish I was alive in the 60s to buy all the Beatles "corporate crap".