A New Date For The Gr Release

ToMnEt

Darkness Warrior
Jan 11, 2006
France, Paris
"The release of the special edition CD/DVD of OPETH's Ghost Reveries album has been announced as October 31st via Roadrunner"

Anyone has heard the same thing ?
It's very late :mad:

halloween!
immortal2rj.gif

oh wow. congrats roadrunner. real sweet deal. delay the release to halloween. wow. thats impressive. a metal album on halloween. insanity. genius, really.

First: I cannot confirm this so when posting such information, please site your source.

Second: Although I'm pretty dissapointed as I was really looking forward to the documentary, etc. to close out my summer.. Frankly the only thing I find stupid is the knee-jerk pessimism and blame "Stupid Fucking Roadrunner" stuff. Yeah... I'm sure RR really wants to wait to put their product on the shelves.. I mean who buys into the whole "speed to market" crap anyway? I'm sure the execs are thrilled with a 3 month delay to recoup their investment.

Third: Considering the news....

"2006-06-14
"Soldier of fortune", the Deep Purple cover recorded at the BBC and set up as a bonus track for the upcoming special edition of "Ghost reveries" will be re-recorded at the famed Atlantis studios in Stockholm. This is due to unforseen legal problems with the BBC in the UK. Therefore the BBC recording won't be available other than through downloads."

it seemed like quite an unrealistic task to get into the studio, record, mix, master, etc. a song, get on the disk, get the product produced and distributed in around 30 days (25th of July).. so this really doesn't really come as a big suprise. But what do I know? :guh:

A long waiting.. and almost one year since the first announcement to this special edition. But we are patient for Opeth !

when is the release date for the other albums they are re-releasing? lamentations, blackwater park and some others..

Mr Samsara said:
First: I cannot confirm this so when posting such information, please site your source.

Second: Although I'm pretty dissapointed as I was really looking forward to the documentary, etc. to close out my summer.. Frankly the only thing I find stupid is the knee-jerk pessimism and blame "Stupid Fucking Roadrunner" stuff. Yeah... I'm sure RR really wants to wait to put their product on the shelves.. I mean who buys into the whole "speed to market" crap anyway? I'm sure the execs are thrilled with a 3 month delay to recoup their investment.

Third: Considering the news....

"2006-06-14
"Soldier of fortune", the Deep Purple cover recorded at the BBC and set up as a bonus track for the upcoming special edition of "Ghost reveries" will be re-recorded at the famed Atlantis studios in Stockholm. This is due to unforseen legal problems with the BBC in the UK. Therefore the BBC recording won't be available other than through downloads."

it seemed like quite an unrealistic task to get into the studio, record, mix, master, etc. a song, get on the disk, get the product produced and distributed in around 30 days (25th of July).. so this really doesn't really come as a big suprise. But what do I know? :guh:

It is seldom there is a voice of reason on this forum these days but here it is^