"Deluxe" GR edition pushed to 30th of October.

Ah, with my Master's in Marketing, I've actually lifted the hood, and peeked behind the curtain of thousands of marketing plans, and yes, special editions and reissues are indeed ploys to pry more cash out of our hands. But what a great way to spend...a whopping $13. Who cares what the intentions are, I just want the DVD footage!

^ I agree totally. What else would a special release be, a gift from the record company to say thanks for buying the album the first time 'round? Making money is what's most important to them; really what is an extra $13 to have Mikael telling you his crazy ideas on dvd?

how is it corporate BS exactly?

you people would spend $15 on the documentary alone if it came with nothing else and wouldn't be saying squat... but holy crap, it comes with a bunch of free shit too, let's whine? what a very strange ass-backwards thing to do

House of Seance said:
how is it corporate BS exactly?

you people would spend $15 on the documentary alone if it came with nothing else and wouldn't be saying squat... but holy crap, it comes with a bunch of free shit too, let's whine? what a very strange ass-backwards thing to do

Well I'm actually whining not only because a typical CD in my country is more expensive than your 15 $ but also because deluxe versions are usually 2 times more expensive than the normal ones... and now that I payed for my summer festival tickets, I'm broke :erk:

Man.. I just want to hear Opeth in true surround sound... just think Mikael's harmonies floating around and everything else.. ... like the "ahhhs" in Ghost of Perdition.. ahhh, total Opeth submersion.. I personally can't wait for it.. though I hope they mix it right

if this was really about the fans they'd have put all this stuff in the original release. don't tell me the surround sound version hasn't been sitting round for months.

30th of october?

i guess somebody misspelled atonement. but they noticed that before the release, so they hired professional mistake seekers, that examine the whole booklet.

atodgement