Why all the dislike for GR?

Ah, I'll just say it.

I think MAYH fucking sucks. I would take GR over it any day. Not that GR is my favourite, I just cant understand what people like about my arms. Also I percieve Isolation Years to be one of the most 'emotional' songs Opeth have written. Thats my opinion.

Thank you.

FuneralPortrait said:
Ah, I'll just say it.

I think MAYH fucking sucks. I would take GR over it any day. Not that GR is my favourite, I just cant understand what people like about my arms. Also I percieve Isolation Years to be one of the most 'emotional' songs Opeth have written. Thats my opinion.

Thank you.
You fucking suck.

FuneralPortrait said:
Ah, I'll just say it.

Thank you.
hmm... i dont think any talking can convince such stupiditiy otherwise.

FuneralPortrait said:
Ah, I'll just say it.

Thank you.

lol

FuneralPortrait said:
Ah, I'll just say it.

Thank you.

HEI LOOK HHE MAED A FUNNI!

Opeth kicks ass! everything they have ever put out has been awesome. If you read any interviews with Mike A. you would know that he was listening to a lot of old prog and rock stuff. if any of you are musicians (and im sure most of you are) you know you write what inspires you. GR is a good progresion just like all the other albums have been.

peace,
Traviss(Reggie)-LIA

ThinkAboutYourEnd said:
I can't believe it's so hard to figure out why GR isn't as good as the other Opeth albums, you can sum it up in 3 words...too much keyboard. It's as simple as that, thank you.

I love the songs on GR, but I dont really like the production as much. Its a little too over-produced IMO, but that's just me, I like the Still Life sound. His clean vocals have definately improved with every album, GR being no exception.

I dislike GR because the 'melodic' part of the 'melodic death metal sound' of Opeth increased in intensity with the introduction of Keyboards. The use of keyboards was fine in Damnation... quite tastfully done actually.

Not so in GR though.. overdone and spoiling. I think thats why I still prefer the older albums. The sound isn't that 'aggressive' and 'convincing' anymore.