hey all first post here :headbang:

just thought id add me 9 cents

I was introduced to opeth in this order

Blackwater
Ghost
Orchid
My Arms
Deliverance
and it's "Still" going, and I must say Ghost Reveries is my favorite(but not by much at all)

imo Ghost isn't the most impressive instrumentally, but the arrangement, atmoshere, natural progresion and overall feel the album gives is just so damn excellent. whoever said that some of the songs are to long said it best, they could've hacked off maybe a minute offa some and still got the same feel.
Opeth's hardly a band for the ADD:heh:

beneath the mire is one of opeth's true gems, one that gets too easily overlooked.

biggsy said:
Lol... NFU... noob... I expect this guys genitals to be skinned and thrown in a sack of salt anytime soon:lol:

I don't think she has any :rolleyes: unless you were talking about NFU

in_absentia said:
??? how come all the people at the opeth forum are so mean???

oh c'mon, we're not that bad :lol: yu just met the wrong guys ;)

my advice to you: DON'T take everythng you read here personally - might kill ya...

FloyD ThraSh3r said:
hey all first post here :headbang:

beneath the mire is one of opeth's true gems, one that gets too easily overlooked.

Beneath the Mire is the song that I introduce people to Opeth with. It is by far the diamond in the rough because of all it's musical variety, and the effortless changes that are made through the song.

BRILLIANT!

PLEASE PLAY IT LIVE WHEN YOU COME BACK OT THE STATES LATER THIS YEAR!

MixGrafix said:
Beneath the Mire is the song that I introduce people to Opeth with. It is by far the diamond in the rough because of all it's musical variety, and the effortless changes that are made through the song.

BRILLIANT!

PLEASE PLAY IT LIVE WHEN YOU COME BACK OT THE STATES LATER THIS YEAR!

it's not bad, but the intro... :erk: it reminds me of some cheap gypsy tune and spoils some fun in the beginning... but after that it's allright