Opeth re-release of GR+ on June 28 !

saut said:
you know it'll almost be a year since gr was released with the special edition comes out... do you really miss that $15?

It's not the 15 bucks (or euro's, in my case), it's just the fact that they force Opeth fans to buy the same album twice. Release a live cd, do a greatest hits album for all i care, and include the DVD in that... I'd kill for a 5.1 mix of Ghost Reveries, but i ALREADY HAVE THE ALBUM!!

Again, i don't want to whine about 15 euro's, it's just the way RR deals with it's customers. Sucks. IMHO.

The Hubster said:
1) Vinyl rules - fuck anyone who says otherwise because you're not a true music fanatic.QUOTE]

I listen to my vinyl from time to time :) , shit, some if my best stuff s on vinyl, not because I like vinyl, they did't have cd's at the time:cry:

years of the ferkin wife, kids, mother-in-law etc touching and moving records, not carefully placing them back in the sleeve, leaving them on top of the bookcase.......................

Vinyl, nowadays, is for mad collectors and people who like to hear the cracks and other interference in the music, and say that it is unique to their record.
Sorry, give me a cd anytime.

So what I'm gonna do now? I have the normal edition, but I want this too, and I would definitely buy it if I didn't have the normal CD. Wish I could sell it to my friends or something, but you know... there's short of Opeth fans around here.

I'm really looking forward to the re-release of GR here in the UK, predominantly for the documentary and the surround mix, which I'm surprised to see hasn't really been discussed here on the forum. With a good SACD set up (I'm assuming that this will be an SACD), it should sound the mutt's nuts. The material on GR is perfect fodder for a 5.1 mix; I hope that Jens has done an admirable job, which I'm sure he has.

Has anyone been able to pre-order it anywhere? I can't find it listed yet on any of the usual sites.

Cheers,

Keith.