Is the Special Edition of BWP worth buying?

Is the Special Edition of BWP worth buying?

• YES! The extra songs are amazing, and the new packaging kills!

Votes: 13 35.1%
  • It's nothing to write home about, but the songs are good and it has a nice look.

Votes: 14 37.8%
  • Ehh... it's more of a "fan prestige item" than anything else... I bought it, but it really just sort

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • You aren't missing anything... the packaging is nothing new, and the songs are not all that good.

Votes: 6 16.2%

• Total voters

frayededges

Quiet, like a slit wrist
Jan 26, 2003
Greensboro NC
Visit site
Hey folks,

I was wondering how many of you have the special edition of BWP; maybe you bought it after you had already gotten the first version...

Basically, would you recommend that somebody who has already bought the first edition buy the special edition? Are the songs worth it? Or is there any extra neat artwork/packaging details that might make it nice to have?

I'm not interested in downloading the tracks... I really have a thing for ACTUAL cd's (for reasons like cool packaging, etc.)... so, what do you think? Would you buy it? Or, if you already have bought it, do you regret it?

Thanks!

I wouldn't get it. unless, like ffanatic said, if it's a decent price. hen trade the original you have.

its sad to see releasing a special edition, when the real fan has the original. it makes me sad and angry at the same moment :puke:

the two tracks are really good, the price isnt.

its always surprised me how these special editions work, an album gets released, the fans buy it within the first few weeks, if not the day. it gets good reviews and sells well, then its decided to re-release it with more stuff (extra tracks/bonus cd) so that the people who've read the reviews and want to take a look at the band can now buy it.

i think it would be better the other way round, do the special edition first, then the standard release. :sigh:

what if i download these two tracks instead of buying the disc? Well I DONT care, because i feel ripped off by the recordcompany. So I rip em off, and i have those songs. and they havent the money, what seems fair to me :mad:

For two tracks? There's so much good music out there I would never re-purchase an album for two songs (and I think Mikael himself would agree).

Yes

1. because it has two great songs which need to be owned
2. because it has some interesting studio footage conatined within a Harvest Clip
3 because it may very well be limited and you will regret it if it sells out
;)

aye, personally i was happy to spend the money on the delux version as well as the original, my original is now signed by mike and peter so it dosnt go in the cd player, so i just play my delux

Originally posted by RogueSpirit
For two tracks? There's so much good music out there I would never re-purchase an album for two songs (and I think Mikael himself would agree).

good point, buy another album instead, thats a much, much, much better way of spending your money, you can probably get 2 My Dying Bride albums for the same price, £8.99 each these days...

Originally posted by _Transparent_
good point, buy another album instead, thats a much, much, much better way of spending your money, you can probably get 2 My Dying Bride albums for the same price, £8.99 each these days...
very true. i bought trinity recently for a fair price! For 10€ :)