Pre-Ordering Watershed (Special Edition)

FETiD...

New Metal Member
Apr 7, 2008
Well, the Special Edition has me intrigued and I'd like to pre-order it, but the only version currently up on a credible site for the US that I can find is the regular one. All the UK sites have the special edition, but places like Amazon only have the regular edition. Anyone here know of any truly credible site for those in the US that want to pre-order it? Or should I just continue to be patient, but now not only for it to come out, but for me to get the opportunity to pre-order it?

I doubt there's been anything said about it, but has anything been heard regarding what would be on it? And, seeing as Opeth's done special editions before, is there anything that I could expect without it being a stretch?

Truth be told, the special edition cover caught my eye. Unlike most here, Watershed's, at the very least, in my top three Opeth covers. Actually think I might consider it my favorite. But the special edition cover seems like such a departure from expectations... and depending on what makes it "special" I might be so inclined to buy the special edition. And how do Opeth handle the cases/artwork for the special editions? What I'm wondering is if their special editions are like the special edition of Dream Theater's Systematic Chaos where you could slip the special edition cover off and the casing would be identical to the regular edition save the fact that it's a 2 CD case. Think that would work really well with Watershed's special editionc over...

Aren't the covers Opeth recorded for the special edition?

I'll buy it off Itunes or just go down to my local CD store and buy a copy the day it comes out. Don't forget because a year from now they'll switch labels and next thing you know there will be the deluxe special digital remastered version out. Just how it goes. Like I said I'll buy my copy on Itunes. You have some valid points too FETiD.

It's most likely just a slipcover with the regular cover in the CD booklet inside. Just throw the slip away if you don't like it.

It wouldn't be too bad if the SE cover was just a slipcase
and the real artwork was on the booklet in the jewel case.

The Ghost Reveries SE was pretty different from the regular.. So I think there's no need to worry about the two watershed editions beeing identical..

It looks like all 5 extra tracks are on the spec ed anyway [ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Watershed-Special-Opeth/dp/B0015435Q6/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1207659101&sr=8-1[/ame]

I see 4 :p

Anyway, that'd include "Would?".

Ahh, I thought it was 4 covers plus one original Opeth track as a bonus that they recorded. Which I assumed was Hex Omega. Still, its cool that they have put Derelict Herds as the 8th track to let it flow better:headbang:

Are you guys willing to help a semi-n00b with some links to sites where I can actually pre-order Watershed (for Europe, Romania specifically)? All I have is Townsendrecords and they don't have much info on it. Also, they haven't answered my inquiries via email.

I guess I'll just wait for it to appear on Amazon as the sites linked here are Amazon (UK) and Play.com (UK).

^No shit. The US is always last to know anything in this world. Even for some American bands. I guess if it ain't radio, it ain't worth it... :erk: