Watershed is apparently called "Opeth 4".

Dr. Peace

New Metal Member
Mar 18, 2008
I bought the special edition (2 discs, envelope casing) and popped the album disc in my PC. When it came up on my Itunes, it said that the album is called "Opeth 4".

Did this happen to anyone else?

I'm thoroughly confused.

This happened to me when I tried to rip the standard edition to my computer. I renamed it before ripping it and also submitted the track names, don't know if that has any affect.

As in the fourth phase of Opeth or something?

Let's see... the first phase would be Orchid and Morningrise. The second would be MAYH and Still Life, while the third would be BWP through Ghost Reveries. Hmmm. Doesn't make much sense I guess.

Might be like Deep Purple Mach 2 or Mach 3, when David Coverdale joined DP.
Opeth...
Mach 1-(Orchid-Morningrise) Mike, Peter, Johan, Anders
Mach 2-(MAYH-Damnation) Mike, Peter, Martin, Martin
Mach 3-(Ghost Reveries) Mike, Peter, Martin, Martin, Per
Mach 4-(Watershed) Mike, Martin, Per, Martin, Fredrik

Nothing changed from MAYH to Damnation...Per was not on an album until GR. Wilson played the mellotrons on Damnation.

that's strange, and then when I put in Mellotron Heart on iTunes, it came up with some strange characters, I'm not sure if it's Chinese or Japanese or what, nothing is in english. I wonder what that means.

Just a guess here, but we already know they put a reference to Stairway in Lotus Eater, maybe they think Watershed is like their Zeppelin IV.